Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
:rolleyes: ...and yet on PS3, again, Free.
Terrible.
Bah, I play on PS3 servers all the time at my brother's, totally worth $50 a year for Live. Never trust a fanboy (or somebody who works for the company they tout ;) ).
Old 03-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Evil Dead

It's not like I'm against x360...didn't much like the first xbox though...
It's a good system, my point is that you're getting charged when you needn't - nothing fanboy about it, it's common sense.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
It's not like I'm against x360...didn't much like the first xbox though...
It's a good system, my point is that you're getting charged when you needn't - nothing fanboy about it, it's common sense.
Well you're paying for premium servers though. If I put my brothers PS3 against my 360 on CoD4 and look for matches on both I consistently get a faster connected game with less lag. Could just be me but I really feel Live is worth paying for. THAT SAID, I was just giving you crap. :)

AND

This Windows Games BS with paying for live to play online with pc games is ridiculous. MS is fucking nuts if they think that will really fly.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
been playing oblivion. game rules.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Well you're paying for premium servers though. If I put my brothers PS3 against my 360 on CoD4 and look for matches on both I consistently get a faster connected game with less lag.
...Hm...see, those are actually activision servers, not really in any way representative of either systems servers, they're a third party and host all their own shit, as far as I know...IMHO, cod4 ALWAYS has servers that aren't the best...that said, I personally get no lag whatsoever on the PSN, if there's configuration/connection/wireless issues you might as many do, but when you've got it all done right, it's generally all good.

...Just waiting for the may-onwards rush of games for the ps3 right now...so they can finally have enough games, my major problem with ps3 right now.

So, I got a W.O.W geek friend at work, who offered me a free trial he got?
I REALLY don't know if I should even check this thing out...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Rented Turning Point:Fall of Liberty and Bully Scholarship Edition today.Gonna give check them out when I get off work.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
...Hm...see, those are actually activision servers, not really in any way representative of either systems servers, they're a third party and host all their own shit, as far as I know...IMHO, cod4 ALWAYS has servers that aren't the best...that said, I personally get no lag whatsoever on the PSN, if there's configuration/connection/wireless issues you might as many do, but when you've got it all done right, it's generally all good.

...Just waiting for the may-onwards rush of games for the ps3 right now...so they can finally have enough games, my major problem with ps3 right now.

So, I got a W.O.W geek friend at work, who offered me a free trial he got?
I REALLY don't know if I should even check this thing out...
I had fun with WoW for a while, but once you get higher up in levels to really do the "higher level" stuff it seemed too much like work and wanted more time than I had to offer.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:55 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Played Turning Point and it was god awful.Graphics where shabby and there was horrible lag non stop and the aiming system was slow and jumpy.Do not play this game unless your into torture.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Evil Dead

Army Of Two....Finally!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Super Smash Bros Brawl.