Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Fantasy/Horror Writer

Wink ‘The unplanned adventures of Fellow’ Or ‘What shall I do with this blog thing then?’

My website, http://www.philtinsley.com, like many websites that are centred around individuals, has a page where I can blog. Until now I've only really posted articles that are relevant to whatever novel I'm currently writing (although the odd piece of thought provoking, motivational, highly intelligent, award winning original material occasionally slips in!)

Following the launch of a new 'narrative based structure' for the site, which has the pages and content linked by an original story concept; I decided that the blog, or 'A Symbiont’s Journal' as it is now called, could also be made to perform a better social service.

As I am a fantasy/horror/thriller/action/romance/humour writer (genres are wonderful things!), I realise that the visitors I attract to my site will appreciate something a little more literary and creative. With this in mind I decided to sit down and write a piece of original fiction that could be posted, and then added to in episode format.

I have deliberately chosen not to sketch out a plot, any characters, locations, events or anything else that would pre-determine, to any significant extent, the path of the narrative.

I picked up my Disorganiser and began writing whatever popped into my head; making up the story as I went along. I'm not predicting that this will be a work of literary genius and a milestone in my career, but I do think it will be fun to write, and interesting to watch as it evolves.

I have already posted several parts of the story (numbered to avoid confusion) which can be viewed here http://www.philtinsley.com/wordpress They are gathered together under the title of Fellow (the first character in the work).

Feel free to comment (if it’s a nice comment).

PHILIP E TINSLEY