Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-06-2005, 11:16 AM
eisnein

Indie Film Music?

hello all -

as you can see this is my first post here.

i am a musician in new york. i was watching Evil Dead recently and realized how badly i would love to score a horror movie. i personally (and please feel free to tell me i am wrong) that the current state of horror films has taken a serious decline. i have hope that there is a new generation of people out there making progressive raw films (ie not the same Shining ripoffs).

that is why i come here. can anyone point me in the direction of people making such films? i would love to offer my services to these peoples. i have music on my site at http://theycontrol.us/elijahbtorn
although these examples are much more upbeat and primarily electronic, i would not disappoint with creating a tense and hair raising sounds for a film. i grew up in the middle of woods and long winters def led to my experimentation with noises. i enjoy playing with samples of baby's crying reversed and eq'd improperly, old strings and organs etc etc. ...

any help would be appreciated.

thank you all much,

Elijah B Torn