Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 05-16-2016, 03:49 AM
Hellraiser

i'm not a huge manga fan but i decided to give "death note" a try and i have been enjoying it so far. i about halfway through volume two and the black edition.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:54 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

(can only find small images of these for some reason...)

Clive Barker's Pinhead. I discovered a new-ish comic shop in town called 'Nerd Haven'. I may have binged. I also got some Batman Detective series of comics that I just love. I'm going to blow a lot of money here I just know it.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Teddy Scares. I don't usually read comics, but this was a gift. Very entertaining.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:39 PM
That fucking Guy...

DC Universe - Rebirth.
Wow...finally they're doing away with the new 52 stuff...or at least back-seating it.
WALLY WEST.
The guy that I grew up with as the flash of the 90's, was taken away when the NEW 52/Flashpoint stuff happens, and now, he's back.
Great comic through and through and some very emotional stuff.
Looking forward to where DC is going for the first time in a while now...
Old 05-31-2016, 06:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
DC Universe - Rebirth.
Wow...finally they're doing away with the new 52 stuff...or at least back-seating it.
WALLY WEST.
The guy that I grew up with as the flash of the 90's, was taken away when the NEW 52/Flashpoint stuff happens, and now, he's back.
Great comic through and through and some very emotional stuff.
Looking forward to where DC is going for the first time in a while now...
Same here! Can't wait to see where DC goes next. I never left when the new 52 started but I did feel that some books didn't work
However some books were great. Specifically Batman, Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing and Animal Man!

I'm currently reading Batman Eternal. It's a fun, fast paced Bat family book.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:24 AM
That fucking Guy...

Oh yeah, I read through Batman Eternal a while back - a really excellent Batman title, stood well on it's own outside the DCU as per most of the Bat titles.
Very well written, just an overall really satisfactory story.

The whole "New 52" thing honestly pissed me off just about as much as the post "Brand new Day" Spider-Man titles (I think they're only just regaining their footing now, after this long)
The Batman and Green Lantern stuff, which largely continued their pre-52 storylines, were in my mind just about the only stuff worth reading.
Everything else just became like generic. The characters. The storylines. All so bland.
Erasing some of my favourite teams and characters was just a kick in the balls.
Clearly the whole project didn't play out like they wanted, which is why we have what I'll refer to as the REAL DCU coming back into play.

So have you read DC rebirth through?
If so...Damn, just that Barry/Wally scene huh?...very few times has a comic made me feel that way. Pure "from my childhood/teens" stuff coming back together in such a cool way...and how they took things right to the edge like that. Amazing.
Not to mention the giant GIANT reveal at the end.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah.
The reveal at the end of Rebirth was terrific.

Also read Batman , Superman, Green Lanterns and Green Arrow rebirth.

Batman is my favourite character but Batman Rebrth didn't really excite me that much.

Superman Rebirth was interesting. Haven't read any Superman since Grant Morrison's Action Comics run so I was kinda confused but very intrigued.

Green Lanterns Rebirth showed some promise. Hope it's good going forward.

Green Arrow Rebirth was awesome. Green Arrow is my second favourite after Batman and I felt like he suffered from the direction of the new 52., apart from Jeff Lemires terrific run his series has been wonky. However now in Green Arrow Rebirth I feel like the character is back on track.

Can't wait to read more rebirth issues and then the new #1s.

Thanks to DCs Rebirth and Marvels Civil War 2 stating off strong, it's a good time to be a comic fan!
Old 08-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Little Boo

I don't remember I read any comic even before. I know a lot of you seem to enjoy them pretty much but in my case I am not a fan. My brother has so many of them but I didn't even dare to read.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:02 PM
Evil Dead

I'm not really a fan of reading comics, but i did like Johnny the Homicidal Manic, Squee!,and I Feel Sick by Jhonen Vasquez
Old 08-29-2016, 07:00 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainscan View Post
I'm not really a fan of reading comics, but i did like Johnny the Homicidal Manic, Squee!,and I Feel Sick by Jhonen Vasquez
I'm always getting him and Roman Dirge mixed up. I read his Lenore comics when I was in high school. Vasquez on the other hand... I think I might have read Squee!, but I honestly don't remember. I am at least familiar with his work.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!