Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Crystal Lake Counselor

Carl as a character has so much room for development and story. I can see him being a deciding factor of some sort towards the final season , which the writers have said could be past 10+ seasons. Look at it this way, the comics are being made constantly with new stories, and the TV show has not covered even 1/4 of the comics material. Back on topic, I believe Carl is just becoming a product of his surrounding. Killing is everywhere, and as his father being his main influence and Carl knowing who he has killed, I am not surprised he shot the young man in the woods. Since his mom's passing I feel like he feels more compelled to act "grown up" . Although killing a man who is surrendering is a heck of a way to show it .
Old 10-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Cranky

***SPOILERS***

I thought it was an excellent opening for season four. Obviously a bit of time has gone by and the little touches that showed how relationships have progressed were well done, and we're getting hints of how life in the compound is.

The zombie attack in the store was great, with plenty of gooey gore effects, but one thing kept me wondering:

Why didn't any of those zombies fall through the roof before the party got there?

Anyway- this season looks great!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 AM
HDC's old chick

I agree, NE, I think this is going to be a good season! And, watching Talking Dead after with the EP, he says they're going to encounter more dangers every episode.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:47 AM
HDC Idol

I've decided to join The Walking Dead Tribe this season... Good opener - Agree with everything that NE said.

***SPOILERS***

Ugh - the zombies falling through the roof really made my skin crawl; well done, creepy and intense.

I actually listened to an old interview that Steven Yeun (Glenn) did at the beginning of the year on my favorite podcast, The Indoor Kids... He's really funny, dorky, and smart; a real blast to listen to that gave me a new-found respect for Glenn as a character. Glenn and Daryl are definitely my two favorite characters.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Cranky

Holy shit- I think the show has really hit its stride this season. They've found the perfect mix of drama and action, IMO.

SPOILERS

There were some really emotional moments in this episode. The father's good-bye to his daughters, and especially Michone's moment with the baby. This is storytelling at its best. That one moment told us more about her character than everything else we've seen.

Also, Rick's moment where he burns his shirt was so symbolic...

Old 10-21-2013, 04:56 AM
HDC's old chick

I agree, NE, I'm really enjoying this season, so far.

SPOILERS:
I agree with your assessment of the scene with Michonne. Makes me think she had a baby that died in the beginning of the zombie apocalypse.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:35 AM
Evil Dead

Finally Series 4 finds its way to Slovenian cable.

But, meh. Not impressed thus far.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Cranky

Holy shnockers! We got zombies!

Old 11-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Evil Dead

Interview here with George Romero talking about zombies, horror and why he turned down an offer to work on a couple of episodes of TWD.

BigIssue.com - Romero interview
Old 11-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Cranky

Yah, I've read that article. Everything Romero doesn't like about the show is what makes it great. It's not a Romero style film. We get that. Thank goodness people are willing to expand on the genre and do different things, because Romero's been making the same awful movies for the past few decades.