Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-19-2006, 04:08 AM
MidSyndicate

Midnight Syndicate Update

Midnight Syndicate Update - June 14th, 2006

NEW retrospective CD, Out of the Darkness, coming July 4th

Before the Haverghasts, before the haunted asylum and the Crypts of the Foresaken, there was Arcacia, a ruined village by the sea with a dark past and a mysterious link to an ancient tower hidden away among the cliffs of the Northern Jarls. Out of the Darkness (Retrospective: 1994-1999) features re-recorded and re-mastered horror music classics from Midnight Syndicate's Midnight Syndicate, Born of the Night, and Realm of Shadows as well as four previously unreleased tracks.

Containing close to 70 minutes of music, the collection features both the band's and the fans' favorite songs from the first three CDs re-recorded, re-mastered, and sounding better than ever. "Given the fact that both our writing and equipment have changed quite a bit since those discs were originally recorded, we looked at this as an opportunity to breathe new life into the material," says Gavin Goszka. "We attempted to maintain as much of the sound and character of the original versions while still making minor changes to the arrangements and perfomances to bring them closer to what we originally envisioned."

The disc also features previously unreleased material including selections from two of Edward Douglas' early horror films ("The Dead Matter" and "Journey Into Dementia").

An updated take on the early signature tracks that helped launch Midnight Syndicate, Out of the Darkness invites listeners to return to the haunted village of Arcacia where it all began. The CD will be available July 4th. Check www.midnightsyndicate.com for availability.

Haunted Attraction Magazine # 44 on sale now!

For over 14 years, Haunted Attraction Magazine has been covering the Halloween and Dark Amusement industries. Issue # 44 features an in depth, eight-page cover story on the history of Midnight Syndicate, it's impact in the industry, and plans for the future. Featuring up close and personal stories from Edward Douglas and Gavin Goszka along with plenty of never before seen photos and images from the early years of Entity Productions and Midnight Syndicate, this issue offers a unique insight into the band's history.

NEW Legions of the Night fan site up!

www.LegionsoftheNight.com

The new Legions of the Night fan site is up and running at www.LegionsoftheNight.com. Featuring dark art, photos, poetry, haunted attractions, gaming companies, and much more, the site is run by fans for the fans and supporters of Midnight Syndicate and horror community. For forum-style sites, be sure to stop by Midnight Syndicate on Yahoo and Midnight Syndicate on MySpace.

Gates of Delirium inspires a d20 adventure module for Dungeons & Dragons game

Goodman Games and Midnight Syndicate are pleased to announce they have partnered to produce Dungeon Crawl Classics #34: Cage of Delirium, the first d20 adventure module designed with a soundtrack. This all-new adventure of spine-tingling horror comes packaged with Gates of Delirium, the haunting Midnight Syndicate soundtrack, is authored by Dragon editor Wes Schneider and features all-new cover art by classic D&D artist Erol Otus.

The CD will help create an incredibly rich role playing experience where the spooky mood of a haunting adventure becomes ever more real. Various encounter areas within the module specify instructions to the DM on which track to play from the CD. Certain encounter areas might even play multiple tracks as events occur. Scheduled for release in August 2006, Dungeon Crawl Classics #34: Cage of Delirium will be packaged as a 64-page adventure module with the accompanying CD shrink-wrapped inside.

"We’ve been talking for years about working on a project together," said Joseph Goodman, President of Goodman Games. "Midnight Syndicate does great work that meshes perfectly with our adventure modules. When Wes came to us with a proposal to bring the two worlds together, how could we say no?"

"I’m a big fan Goodman Games, especially their Dungeon Crawl Classics line," said Edward Douglas of Midnight Syndicate. "Wes took his own personal interpretation of Gates of Delirium and developed it into an incredible adventure. Between that, Erol’s art, and the fact that the CD has been carefully integrated into the game play, this module will create a truly unforgettable roleplaying experience for DMs and players alike."

UPCOMING PROJECTS

It's been a busy year for Midnight Syndicate. Not only have they begun work on two horror film scores, Sin-Jin Smyth and The Rage, but they also plan to begin work on a new Midnight Syndicate disc in 2007. In addition, Edward Douglas plans to return to the director's chair for the horror film, The Dead Matter.

Earlier this year, the Sin-Jin Smyth got a new website (www.sin-jinsmyth.com) complete with a new teaser trailer, production stills, interviews and more. Stars Roddy Piper (WWF, They Live) and Richard Tyson (Kindergarten Cop, BlackHawk Down) recently showed up at Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors in Los Angeles to meet fans and view a screening of a scene from the movie complete with Midnight Syndicate score.

Robert Kurtzman's The Rage (www.theragefilm.com) starring Andrew Divoff (Wishmaster), Reggie Bannister (Phantasm, Bubba Ho-Tep) and Carmella DeCesare (2004 Playmate of the Year) is scheduled to wrap filming at the end of August. The first and second acts of the film have already been edited and scored. "It's a really intense film," says Edward Douglas, "very visual and very exciting to work on from a composer's standpoint."

Edward Douglas' remake of his supernatural horror thriller, The Dead Matter produced in cooperation with SnapKick Productions is moving along as well with pre-production slated to begin in the upcoming months. "I'm anxious to begin," says Ed, "It's been over ten years since we released the original version. We've had all that time to re-examine the film and mold the script into a far superior piece. I guarantee the fans will not be disappointed." Look for updates and the official The Dead Matter website coming soon!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Misanthrope

Eat shit and die spam scum :mad:
Old 06-22-2006, 05:58 AM

...spam :mad:
Old 06-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Your funeral... my trial

People actually listen to Midnight Syndicate?

Booooooring.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Eat shit and die spam scum :mad:
fuck shut up the
Old 06-22-2006, 09:08 AM
MidSyndicate

Hey I meant no harm & didn't want this post to be viewed as spammed.

I come to the forum often, but hardly post. I just thought since Midnight Syndicate was doing soundtracks for 2 horror movies now that you might want to know what is going on with the band.

I didn't mean for the whole thread to turn negative.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MidSyndicate

I didn't mean for the whole thread to turn negative.
:rolleyes: