Old 04-07-2019, 08:25 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Do you go into the movie with the knowledge you already have of the complete film, or is it more or less you are just as oblivious as the protagonists?
You have knowledge of the film but the events of the film won't necessarily happen the same way nor can you bring anything with you

Old 04-07-2019, 03:23 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I've looked through the arguments and have come to a decision. There was one argument that had an answer to everyone's questions and provided the most legitimate idea that I could see being made.

The winner is Elvis_Christ!

Stay tuned for the next round
Congrates to Elvis_Christ, well played

Villain -- Glad you elaborated a little this time, we'd love a little feedback on how you're judging. Which EC post were you referring to?

Old 04-07-2019, 03:39 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Congrates to Elvis_Christ, well played

Villain -- Glad you elaborated a little this time, we'd love a little feedback on how you're judging. Which EC post were you referring to?
Mostly just all his rebuttals and I think his ideai could see most being made

Old 04-21-2019, 05:39 AM
Evil is Better

Alright I'd like to keep this going so I'm changing the question to best John Carpenter movie

Old 04-21-2019, 08:24 AM
Banned

Halloween, hands down!

Were there horror films before Halloween about deranged Mad Men Who go on a killing spree? Of course there was, but Halloween captured something that the others at the time couldn't, the realism that a psychopath escape from a mental institution and murder a few people in his hometown. He didn't go beyond belief over the top and slaughter numerous people in hardcore gruesome ways, he just stabbed them and such.

The story itself is pretty basic. The performances by Jamie Lee Curtis, Donald Pleasence and the guy who played the sheriff, I forgot his name, word great and not overdone at all for the parts.

Another thing that I think sets Halloween apart from the slasher films at the time was the score. A lot of horror movies, even back in the 70s and 60s relied on a lot of jump-scares. And Halloween, there were some jump-scares, but for the most part it wasn't overdone. There wasn't a ridiculous amount of blood and the overall tone was and still is Perfection and goes down as my favorite slasher film of all time.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:21 AM
Evil is Better

I'd really like more people to play. Is there anything you think doesn't work in the game? Let me know. I really think this will be fun but there needs to be more interaction

Old 05-04-2019, 02:58 PM
ventricle

I think the best John Carpenter film is The Thing.

Carpenter took one of the Hugo Award winning best sci-fi horror short stories, 'Who Goes There?' by Joseph Campbell, captured and expertly portrayed the frosty isolation, distrust, flabbergast and paranoia of the story. Carpenter followed the basic rule of 'show us, don't tell us', keeping the unbelievable abilities and consequences of the alien visitor easy to understand. The ultra realistic practical effects added to believability of the mind-blowing situation. The characters were varied, but easy to grasp and identify with, especially the high-character lead played by Kurt Russell. Finally, Carpenter masterfully created both suspense and jump scares by setting up moments of expectation, letting the moment float away, then ambushing the unprepared psyche once again.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:29 PM
Evil is Better

Anybody still interested in this?