Old 10-19-2018, 12:10 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I spoiled the first season as I was curious about the twist. I still put it on my list to watch one day. The first season isn't on demand anymore. But I'll get around to watching it one day. I guess the twist makes it horror.

I'm almost finished watching the last season of Ash vs Evil Dead and Superstition. I'll post short reviews soon.
Oh, you read about what the twist was for the first season? That's too bad. There's a lot of twists in the first season, not just one, but that last one would change the way you see the whole season.

I think they do a great job examining ethics, with one character being an ethics professor, and Kristen Bell's character does a great job being selfish in everyday life, it's really well done. Unfortunately, the 2nd season has lost it.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:42 AM
Immortal horror fan

Superstition -

I finished up this short Syfy show. There were some good episodes and some iffy ones. Yet it was still better than the three or so seasons of Supernatural I watched before stopping that show. As Superstition was cancelled and it ends on a cliffhanger I can't really recommend it too much. It probably could have been better with more thought to the scope of the story and a bigger budget. I did like the concept for the hero and his funeral base of operations. Actually I guess it's worth a watch for horror fans.

Ash vs Evil Dead -

I concluded season 3 of Ash vs Evil Dead as well. Ash continues to have great lines throughout the series. I need to see that Xena TV show as the actress is really good in this show and was in the Spartacus TV show as well. The last two episodes are pretty epic and I wish we got to see more of the three evil creatures as they are bad ass. But I didn't like the final twist that much since it was a series finale and a teaser or cliffhanger of stuff we won't get to see. Still this is a show I'm adding to my Blu-ray list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Oh, you read about what the twist was for the first season? That's too bad. There's a lot of twists in the first season, not just one, but that last one would change the way you see the whole season.

I think they do a great job examining ethics, with one character being an ethics professor, and Kristen Bell's character does a great job being selfish in everyday life, it's really well done. Unfortunately, the 2nd season has lost it.
I kind of assumed what the twist was from the title but I still checked the wiki to see what the show was about. Originally I didn't have any intention of watching it.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:38 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I know it's not horror but I just watched the episode of Touched By An Angel "Famous Last Words" about a death row inmate who killed his abusive stepfather and regretted everything he did in the very end and asked his mother for forgiveness moments before he died.

It was a real tear jerker. T_T Why did I never watch the show before?
Old 10-22-2018, 03:30 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

https://youtu.be/x-EPNxToKsk

Here's the scene from that episode if anybody wants to watch it.

Try not to cry.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I know it's not horror but I just watched the episode of Touched By An Angel "Famous Last Words" about a death row inmate who killed his abusive stepfather and regretted everything he did in the very end and asked his mother for forgiveness moments before he died.

It was a real tear jerker. T_T Why did I never watch the show before?
Has Veronica Cartwright from Alien. Close enough. I never watched these either. It's great to watch some uplifting shows too! Might have to watch some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
https://youtu.be/x-EPNxToKsk

Here's the scene from that episode if anybody wants to watch it.

Try not to cry.
I wasn't able to watch without some tears. First got me talking about his mom taking 13. And then got me at the end too.

This clip kind of reminds me of... have you ever seen the movie Dead Man Walking (1995)? Has Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon. Deathrow inmate Penn has to work through what really happened, who he is, and his beliefs. I thought it was excellent.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Has Veronica Cartwright from Alien. Close enough. I never watched these either. It's great to watch some uplifting shows too! Might have to watch some more.

I wasn't able to watch without some tears. First got me talking about his mom taking 13. And then got me at the end too.

This clip kind of reminds me of... have you ever seen the movie Dead Man Walking (1995)? Has Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon. Deathrow inmate Penn has to work through what really happened, who he is, and his beliefs. I thought it was excellent.
Yeah I think I found me a new favorite show! :) That whole scene was powerful and heart-moving and the entire episode itself was great. If you want to check it out they have it on YouTube right now.

https://youtu.be/M8me4Zecb3A

And I haven't seen that movie but I will have to check it out. I like tragic but hopeful stories of human redemption and guys on death row who truly regret their crimes and ask for forgiveness before being put to death is one of my favorite stories of humanity! :)

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 10-22-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:19 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

And one of the parts that had me crying the most was him mentioning that fishtank his Mama bought him for his 14th birthday and how he wanted her to always remember them looking at it together because that was the last happy moment they shared together before he ran away from home and came back to murder his stepfather. :'(

SPOILERS

Edit: And if you watch the episode itself from the beginning the inmate started off like a wannabe tough guy killer and was telling people how he wanted to become famous for what he did and for the people witnessing his execution to remember his final words (he originally planned to tell them all, including his mother, that he would "see them in Hell").

But in the very end with the help of those 'angels' he started to feel actual remourse for what he did and decided to apologize to the mother of his stepfather and to his mother. He ultimately decided not to waste his final words on trying to become a famous killer to the press but to tell his family how sorry he was and to tell his mother that he loved her very much and wanted to see her in heaven.

In the end it didn't matter what the world thought of him or his crime all that really mattered was that he was forgiven because he truly was sorry. He just wanted to tell his mother that he still loved her and wanted to know that she still loved him too. She walked away happy and refused to tell the reporters what his final words were but said that they were the best words a mama could ever hear. :'(

Man! The actors who played the inmate and his mother in this episode did such a fantastic job in their performance!

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 10-24-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:50 PM
Immortal horror fan

Manifest -

I was going to wait until after the October month to start Manifest. But then I saw another commercial and it hit me that the theme reminds me of those old Twilight Zone episodes. There are a bunch of good ones with missing planes, planes in unknown areas, planes on the verge of disaster, etc. And I check the wiki on plane disasters on occasion. Something the average person should never do as you'll end up like that lady in the one Twilight Zone episode. I read this shocking one about blocked ports recently. No survivors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroper%C3%BA_Flight_603

Manifest is ok. I watched a few episodes so far. As expected there is drama with the characters and they will slowly reveal the mystery of what happened with the plane. I'll stick with it. The lead actress is cool. In the first episode there are some good close ups where the light shows her really pretty eyes. The guy who plays Charming in Once Upon a Time is in this as well. I'm behind on that show and haven't watched it in 2 or 3 seasons if not more. Also that exotic actress from The Expanse on Syfy is in Manifest as well. I still need to continue watching that show. It was so good I stopped watching so I could watch the full show again along with the second season. That had a horror element as well with a space bio weapon that had a really nasty effect on people.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:15 PM
病気の

AHS: Apocalypse, Episode 7

Old 10-30-2018, 12:32 AM
Immortal horror fan

Channel Zero Dream Door - Episodes 1 - 4

I started up the new season of Channel Zero called Dream Door. I've been watching a few episodes per night. So far it's the best season of Channel Zero. Usually the seasons kind of lose interest for me after the second or third episodes. I was waiting for that to happen with this season. But it keeps up the tension. The villain is really creepy and has a bunch of scary scenes. The premise is that a door somehow shows up in a couple's home. What happens breaks what I call the Eddie Murphy black person horror rule. It was responsible for the recent Get Out movie title. Dream Door also has a white guy doing something completely crazy in the first episode. I would post an image but it would spoil the surprise that's just hilarious.

But I like the characters and the situation of the show. The actors do a good job too. There is the guy who played a cop in the previous season as the husband in Dream Door. Also a new actress that I've never seen before plays the wife and the main character. Apparently she's going to be in a new Swamp Thing show as well. So I'll look forward to seeing her in that. She has a nice voice and you care about the predicament she finds herself in. Also Barbara Crampton shows up along with the bad guy from the second season of Helix. He always turns in a good performance.

The person in charge of picking out the locations can really find some nice houses. I love the different home designs and interiors. I did a quick search to attempt to find the locations but wiki and imdb doesn't have it listed yet. I assume somewhere in Canada though since all of the previous seasons were filmed in Manitoba. I saved a few images. I want to find the poster in the main character's entryway for myself.

I found a post on another forum that linked the inspiration story for this season. I'll read it after I finish watching episodes 5 and 6.

http://fifteenhours-creepystories.tu...den-door-in-my

I'll post a final review of those last two episodes. I hope the show doesn't let up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg channelzero_gallery_207recap_10.jpg (19.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 10-30-2018 at 12:34 AM.