Old 02-18-2018, 06:35 AM
病気の

Family Possessions, 2016. 8/10

I love Tommy Faircloth films! He has a certain style that you can tell that these are his movies. Great characters, fun dialog and for me it feels like you are in his little world.

I really enjoyed Dollface and Crinoline head, this film may be my favorite.

It has Mark Patton from NoES 2 and Felissa Rose from Sleeepaway Camp

Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 AM
病気の

Hellraiser: Judgement, 2017. 8/10

This film was awesome. It doesn't need the 'Hellraiser' tag because it could be a stand alone feature. Yes Pinhead is in here but it really didn't matter. This felt 'undergroundish' in some ways. The storyline was meh. I figured it out early in the film, but thats alright. I loved the 'house' where the 'judgement' lived. Loved all the characters especially The Surgeon. I wanted to post more pictures but those who have not seen it, I want you to see them when you watch it.

The director,Gary J. Tunnicliffe is an FX and make up artist. No wonder everything looked ridiculously awesome. I'm gonna buy this film.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:07 AM
Evil Dead

Cult of Chucky
My Little Pony the Movie 2017
Annabelle Creations

Last edited by Amalthea_unicorn; 02-18-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:39 PM
病気の

Blackcoats Daughter, 2015 {2017 Release} 10/10

This is becoming one of my favorite films. Each time I watch it it becomes better and
better and I'm finding new things.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:37 PM
This is a test

LIVING AMONG US 2018

A modern family of vampires invite a news crew to live with them to show how peaceful they have become.
I could tell what they were going for but found it fell flat. Pass.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:56 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE PEOPLE VS GEORGE LUCAS (2009). Pretty good film involving a group of Star Wars fanatics (almost all of them for Episodes 4-6) and their sense of outrage over the prequels and Lucas's endless dithering about. Some good amateur films in here. ***
Enjoyed that one too. Fun subject matter. I prefer the Eps 4-6, but I always thought the outrage on the first three eps were humorous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
LIVING AMONG US 2018

A modern family of vampires invite a news crew to live with them to show how peaceful they have become.
I could tell what they were going for but found it fell flat. Pass.
The film could a touchy subject if vamps were supposed to represent an actual group of people. You get any sense of that?

Batman Forever (1995) (Netflix)
4/10

"Batman must battle former district attorney Harvey Dent, who is now Two-Face and Edward Nygma, The Riddler with help from an amorous psychologist and a young circus acrobat who becomes his sidekick, Robin."

Really disliked the extreme, almost parodied, characters of the film series past the original Batman (1987) (which I didn't think had fakey characters, except for some Joker's gang moments). I thought the script, characterizations and direction were far too simple minded, which crippled the suspense and thickening of the plot. Joel Schumacher directed, and Mr/Mrs Blatchler wrote the story and script, whereas the fist two Batman films were written by Sam Hamm (but not Batman's original film treatise), with Batman Returns screenplay done by Daniel Waters.

I would have thought Val Kilmer would be a good Batman, but he certainly did not carry a dark confidence. I don't know if that wasn't Val's decision, but what happened during the screen test? For what it's worth, I thought Jim Carey did a good job with the Riddler; and the film would have been better without the redundant Two-face performance of Tommy Lee Jones.

I was already not liking the extremely bizarre characterizations and pseudo-reality in Batman Returns, but was held in by the fantastical Tim Burton Team cinematography and direction. So I was out when the next films went further that direction.

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-18-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:24 PM
病気の

Good Time, 2017. 5.5/10

Thumb resize.

What a cluster fuck of a film. Loud annoying people. Meh, not a Robert Pattinson fan.

Cross the room if you never should have pushed play.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:00 PM
病気の

Red Eye, 2017. 7,5/10

Great indie film full of gore and sickness and the characters are horror movie fans! One of the dudes wore a Headless tee shirt. Great FX. Saw alot of FB friends in the 'Special Thanks' credits.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Chris

Maniac (2012)

This was a really fucked up movie that was kind of eh. It made it seem like it was almost too fucked up, which is kind of wierd.

Last edited by DarknessFalls; 02-21-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:36 PM
ventricle

They Look Like People (2015)
6.5/10

"Suspecting that people around him are turning into evil creatures, a troubled man questions whether to protect his only friend from an impending war, or from himself."

The film seems more technique than story. On the good side, I think the film cinematography and shot direction is very effective in creating mood, creepiness and suspense, and best of all relays the "possible psychological condition" as well as any film I've seen. The main issue I have with the film is we don't get to know the main characters very well, and I think it feels like it's missing. The dramatization often comes across like mumblecore (a natural performance technique I like, and like here), however it generally stays there, and I'm not sure this was a cinema verite story, or film... I don't think it entirely works.

As we must wait till end before we can decide if it's a horror, science fiction or psychological thriller film, we must admit it, then, that it can't really be any of the above... surely it's a mystery in disguise.

Tags
movie