Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-28-2014, 03:41 AM
Banned

The Disappointments Room (2015)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2364897/

Quote:
http://www.thewrap.com/mel-raido-to-...oom-exclusive/

Inspired by chilling true events, ”The Disappointments Room” chronicles one family's terror-filled encounter within their own home. Looking for a fresh start, Dana (Beckinsale), David (Raido) and their 5-year-old son Lucas move into a beautiful old rural home that's everything the family dreams of — and more. Hidden within the attic is a secret room, and when frightening, unexplainable events lead Dana to discover the long lost key to the room, she accidentally unlocks a host of unimaginable horrors that reveal the house's past is terrifyingly tied to her own.
Various reports have dubbed this a modern version of The Shining. The plot includes the abovementioned secret room in the attic, a skeleton key, a girl ghost, the protag's progressing madness, and visions of the house's past intertwined with the protag's seeming reality.

To me, it reads more like a combo of The Skeleton Key and The Amityville remake. Kate Beckinsale stars, with D. J. Caruso (Taking Lives) directing. Filming is underway.

Oh, and a "disappointments room" is a room where a disabled or mentally ill child is kept by their parents to avoid embarrassment.

Last edited by Damn Heathen; 08-28-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:00 AM
No, fuck YOU

I hate the title, but the story sounds awsome. I guess the question is if it's gonna be yet another found-footage movie, coz i would really hate that.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:59 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I hate the title, but the story sounds awsome. I guess the question is if it's gonna be yet another found-footage movie, coz i would really hate that.
I must be the only human in the world to want more found footage movies :P
Old 08-28-2014, 05:30 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I must be the only human in the world to want more found footage movies :P
I believe you're right about that. :danger:

Found footage is the devil.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Dollars to donuts, the title will change, as did Eliza Graves (Kate's other new horror-thriller).
Old 08-31-2014, 12:51 PM
Evil Dead

It sounds interesting but I hope it's not the same as what they have been making all the other haunted house movies. We need more original, creative ideas.