Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Yeah, this has been available on Criterion for a few years now.
Ohhh sorry, I meant the Blu-Ray. Didn't know it was already out on regular DVD.

My severely limited satellite connection is not letting me cross-check anything. Getting disconnected at 5-minute intervals isn't helping much, either.

http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2011/0...ray-review.php

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-21-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Ohhh sorry, I meant the Blu-Ray. Didn't know it was already out on regular DVD.

My severely limited satellite connection is not letting me cross-check anything. Getting disconnected at 5-minute intervals isn't helping much, either.

http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2011/0...ray-review.php
Oh oh oh, it's the Masters of Cinema release. Gotcha.
Gotta love that internet. Mine kind of does the same thing.

Man, I love that cover for the MoC release. Definitely better than the Criterion.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:34 AM
For Vendetta

Breaking Glass Pictures' Vicious Circle Films label will release the Thai horror film The Coffin on DVD August 30.

Quote:
"Su and Chris are two strangers whose lives have been struck by tragedy — Su has been diagnosed with lung cancer just days before her wedding and Chris’ longtime girlfriend has fallen into a mysterious coma. When they both learn of a bizarre Thai ritual in which a living person lies in a coffin to reverse bad Karma, they both decide to partake in a mass funeral for the living. Soon, their lives have turned around — Su’s cancer vanishes and Chris’ girlfriend awakes from her coma — but the good fortune is short-lived. A series of terrifying paranormal events suggests that Su and Chris may have upset the Karmic balance of the universe by cleansing themselves of bad luck, and the people closest to them may ultimately pay the price."
Special features include: Deleted Scenes, Alternate Footage, Cast and Crew Interviews and International Trailer.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 AM
For Vendetta

Just came across this...

AK 100: 25 Films by Akira Kurosawa

Criterion Collector's Set

SYNOPSIS:

Quote:
The creator of such timeless masterpieces as Rashomon, Ikiru, Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, and High and Low, Akira Kurosawa is one of the most influential and beloved filmmakers who ever lived—and for many the greatest artist the medium has known. Now, on the occasion of the centenary of his birth, the Criterion Collection is proud to present this deluxe box set celebrating his astonishing career. Featuring twenty-five of the films he made over the course of his fifty years in movies—from samurai epics to postwar noirs to Shakespeare adaptations—AK 100 is the most complete set of his works ever released in this country, and includes four rare films that have never been available on DVD.

This deluxe, linen-bound collector’s set includes twenty-five films and an illustrated book featuring an introduction and notes on each of the films by Stephen Prince (The Warrior’s Camera: The Cinema of Akira Kurosawa) and a remembrance by Donald Richie (The Films of Akira Kurosawa).

INCLUDES:

Sanshiro Sugata (1943)

The Most Beautiful (1944)

Sanshiro Sugata Part Two (1945)

The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail (1945)

No Regrets for Our Youth (1946)

One Wonderful Sunday (1947)

Drunken Angel (1948)

Stray Dog (1949)

Scandal (1950)

Rashomon (1950)

The Idiot (1951)

Ikiru (1952)

Seven Samurai (1954)

I Live in Fear (1955)

Throne of Blood (1957)

The Lower Depths (1957)

The Hidden Fortress (1958)

The Bad Sleep Well (1960)

Yojimbo (1961)

Sanjuro (1962)

High and Low (1963)

Red Beard (1965)

Dodes’ka-den (1970)

Kagemusha (1980)

Madadayo (1993)

Now, this DVD box-set has been out since December 8, 2009 (for quite some time now), but this is the first time I came to know of it.

If you are an ardent fan of Kurosawa like me, you MUST get this (despite missing Ran and a few others). I know I will be hunting this down asap, in one of my trips outside of the city.

Amazon is offering it at $323.99 - http://www.amazon.com/AK-100-Kurosaw...8855959&sr=8-1,

and Criterion has it listed at $319 - http://www.criterion.com/boxsets/678...akira-kurosawa.

Take your pick, and let the master overwhelm you with his masterpieces.

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-23-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:00 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Just came across this...

AK 100: 25 Films by Akira Kurosawa

Criterion Collector's Set

Take your pick, and let the master overwhelm you with his masterpieces.
Yeah, I argued back and forth with myself about spending the money on this, and then I was lucky enough to receive it as a gift. I would have eventually bought it myself, though. It's worth it.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:01 PM
For Vendetta

Releasing on October 25th...

Quote:
The films have been restored and remastered in high definition, and those kick-ass sound effects have been upped to 7.1 surround sound. Additionally, the set contains new and exclusive special features including a six-part documentary entitled “Return to Jurassic Park,” with all-new interviews from cast members, filmmakers and Spielberg himself.
http://collider.com/jurassic-park-tr...trailer/98999/
Old 06-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Cranky

I think I just heard Ferret hit the floor.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-29-2011, 10:13 AM
For Vendetta

On September 27th, from Mpi and Severin Films...

Special Features

“Murder on the Trans-Siberian Express”: New interview with director Eugenio Martín
“Notes from the Blacklist”: Producer Bernard Gordon discusses the McCarthy era
The Guardian 1973 audio interview with Peter Cushing
“Telly and Me”: New interview with composer John Cacavas
Introduction by Fango editor Chris Alexander
Theatrical trailer
Easter egg

http://www.amazon.com/Horror-Express...371096&sr=8-10
Old 06-29-2011, 07:19 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
On September 27th, from Mpi and Severin Films...

[IMG]http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/jun11/bluhorrorexb.jpg[/IMG
Boom! I knew it! Haha, Amazon outed them last week with a "coming soon" product page.
Can't wait for this, though.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 AM
For Vendetta

Universal announced today that they'll be releasing a 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Disc of Halloween II on September 13th.

The flick is actually going to have supplemental material including an alternate ending and...the fantastic 1984 documentary Terror in the Aisles will be included as a special feature!

Quote:
Hosted by Donald Pleasence (Halloween) and Nancy Allen (Carrie), Terror in the Aisles is a history of horror films using clips from those very films.

Donald Pleasance (Halloween I & II) and Nancy Allen (Dressed to Kill, Carrie) take us through some of Hollywood's most terrifying moments in horror history in this documentary-type movie, which features several of the finest horror, sci-fi, and crime drama films of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Included are 'Night of the Living Dead', 'Psycho', 'Jaws', 'Halloween I & II', and 'The Fog', as well as countless others. Be ready to be scared as Terror at the Aisles looks at all of the gory sequences from major films, such as the shower scene from "Psycho" and the midnight swim from "Jaws". Blood and gore abound making the film definitely not for the squeamish.

Terror in the Aisles arrives to Blu-Ray as part of the 30th anniversary edition of Halloween II on September 13th.