Old 07-26-2019, 10:17 AM
Wanna Join?

Currently reading this:

IMG_0116.jpg

Great stuff so far.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 07-31-2019, 02:28 AM
Evil Dead

Fiction: KING KONG-Delos Lovelace

Non-Fiction: HOLLYWOOD CAULDRON-Greg Mank about 13 select 30's-40's Horror films
Old 08-03-2019, 02:44 AM
Evil Dead

THE POSIEDON ADVENTURE-Paul Gallico
Old 09-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Wanna Join?

Started my Halloween reading earlier this month. First off is this:

TheNightBoat.jpg
So far this is a really good story and McGammon is quite the storyteller. Not versed enough to know whether this is clichéd material or not but some of it can only be classified as edge-of-the-seater. Three quarters of the way through and showing no signs of slowing down.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 09-27-2019, 10:36 PM
Wanna Join?

Finished The Night Boat. Excellent tale of terror of voodoo/zombies from WWII. McGammon writes with a camera's eye for detail. This would make a great film if done right.

Now I've started this:

Image (290).jpg

Only 60 pages into it but so far the only thing I can think of to say is "superb!" Will it be this good all the way through?

Old 10-04-2019, 02:44 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
Finished The Night Boat. Excellent tale of terror of voodoo/zombies from WWII. McGammon writes with a camera's eye for detail. This would make a great film if done right.

Now I've started this:

Attachment 19576

Only 60 pages into it but so far the only thing I can think of to say is "superb!" Will it be this good all the way through?
Bloch is usually pretty good...

THE PEARL-John Steinbeck.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:44 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:

Now I've started this:

Attachment 19576

Yes, it will.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:48 AM
Hellraiser

Fiction: The Hunger, by Whitley Strieber (basis for the David Bowie film), Burnt Offerings by Robert Marasco.

Non-fiction: The Monster Art of Basil Gogos, written and compiled by Linda Touby, Basil's wife. This book is simply superb, WELL worth the costly cover price ($40).

Jim
Old 10-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Wanna Join?

Did Gogos do covers for Famous Monsters Of Filmland?

Last edited by sfear; 10-04-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:50 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Did Gogos do covers for Famous Monsters Of Filmland?
Yes. Not only are those covers here, but also many, many never-before-scene sketches and other portraits of our favorite monsters that I've never seen before.