Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Maddox

Because of Rob Zombie

I want to find out if there are any real places like the Horror museum like in House of 1000 Corpses, if so, i'd like to go there and do a documentary on it. I'm not looking for gimmicky haunted houses, im looking to the wacky roadside attraction like the ones in Rob Zombie films. If anyone has any help for me plz reply.

P.S. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area, i didn't know where it should go
Old 05-06-2007, 07:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
hmmmm...... The only think I could tell you is get a few friends and go on a roadtrip halfway across the country. Your more likely to find these in the southern area, I could be wrong though. Try doing a google search as well, that may help you out.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Maddox

I live in florida and i thought there bound to be some places like that by the everglades,but i dont believe there is. i googled it but there were mostly haunted-house type places. I might have to just take a roadtrp like u said, prolly to texas, but i'd need more money if i just traveling without a destination
Old 05-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Waste Disposer

Wouldn't hurt to ask around at some of the Rob Zombie websites.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Maddox

Ooo good idea, I might do that tonite, I will tell u guys if i find a place
Old 05-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Evil Dead

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/

check out this link. not horror specific, but it lists the weird-ass stuff along the American highways.

And the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia is an awesomely creepy museum of medical curiosities
http://www.collphyphil.org/mutter.asp

Last edited by Mictlantechutli; 05-07-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Maddox

thanks for the links, especially the first one, ill be searching all the souther states today looking for some great places. The second link isnt exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for, looks too formal, although i bet its awesome if you're a med student
Old 05-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Grindhouse

Is it true that "Werewolf women of the S.S." is going to be a real movie?
the trailer in Grindhouse?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindhouse View Post
Is it true that "Werewolf women of the S.S." is going to be a real movie?
the trailer in Grindhouse?
nope, but Machete IS going to be a straight to DVD movie
Old 05-26-2007, 05:22 AM
Alien life form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I want to find out if there are any real places like the Horror museum like in House of 1000 Corpses, if so, i'd like to go there and do a documentary on it. I'm not looking for gimmicky haunted houses, im looking to the wacky roadside attraction like the ones in Rob Zombie films. If anyone has any help for me plz reply.

P.S. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area, i didn't know where it should go

Just stick to some ground rules, okay?

1. Dont get gooey eyed over any pretty girls/boys and follow them home.
2. Dont say anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to piss any locals off.
3. If someone tries to hitch a lift with you, regardless of how sexy/desperate they appear, dont let them in the car.
4. Always,always make sure you have enough fuel in the car.
5. If you see anyone dressed in clown gear/makeup - turn the car round and go home.
6. If you see any water towers and or windmills - turn the car round and go home.
7. If you see any homesteads with hundreds of abandoned cars in the yard - turn the car round and go home.
8. If you see any dead animal, skulls, teeth, baby rattles, anything remotely weird as a windchime/mobile - turn the car round and go home.
9. When asking for directions to or from a place, DO NOT ask the sweet, lil' ol' man sitting on his own outside a rundown gas station.
10. Take plenty of provisions - guns, ammo, knives, axes, machetes, grenades, tank, bullet/knife-proof jackets, helmets and goggles. Of course doing this may make you a target for anyone up for a real challenge :p so be discreet.
11. Take food and water - I havent seen one person in the movies eat or drink - and have concluded it's simply down to insufficient hydration and sustenance that causes their demise.

Bon Voyage :D