Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Massacre

I'm a Independent Film Maker

Me and my my friend write Independent Horror movies that we hope to make once graduated College I'm almost done writing my movie titled Terror In Transylvania about a plane that crashes and the survivers are looking for sivilazation but they run into a cannibalistic family I'm also working on The Manson Family its about Charles Manson and his childhood.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:05 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Welcome

let us know when we can see one of your films

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Massacre

Well I have to get enogh money to make it half descent I'm probably going to make it low-budget because I'm a big fan of Independent low-budget Horror films there always more gory and fucked up but I have alot of the movie scripts typed up I'm also working ona Vampire Occult film called Vampr and another called Inside The Devil's Triangle about the Bermuda Triangle and the Paranormalities that happen in it.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Scares Little Kids

What are you studying in college if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Massacre

I'm not in college I will be in 2 years but I'm going to go for Filmography so I can produce al my movies but if you want to here any of the storys I've got I could PM them to you if you'd like that.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I must suggest to any young person thinking about going to film school...save the money and use it to make your own film.

Either that or use the campus for the equipment and spend all of your time making your movie instead of going to class.

You'll learn ten times faster by doing than by listening to someone who teaches instead of doing

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Massacre

Alrighty then hahahaha never hought off it that way.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
"Terror In Transylvania" caught my interest simply based on the title, I'd like to hear more on that one if you don't mind.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar,liar View Post
Alrighty then hahahaha never hought off it that way.
I'll shoot you a PM

I'm a dropout - and I make films

Francis Bacon
Old 01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Therapy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
I must suggest to any young person thinking about going to film school...save the money and use it to make your own film.
That's what I was told.That and make a slasher movie in a cabin for my first movie.

I good 90% or more of people I've met on movie sets went to some kind of film school, some of them know so much more than I do about different aspects of filmmaking and some of them were just worthless food hounds. :mad: I think books are great, they can give you a bit of confidence when you step on a set for the first time. I have a lot of books on lighting and that, the gaffer's from a movie I was working on awhile ago was at my house when he saw a bunch of my books and told me that all he ever learned about lighting was from working at a rental house. He was a lighting genius in my opinion, haha maybe it's because I know so little though. Oh well everyone starts at zero :)

I think there are a lot of paths you can go to learn about filmmaking, but knowledge is no substitute for experience.

I'll read anything you have liar, I love to hear movie ideas and sharing my own.

p.s listen to roderick, he's working with dario argento! :D