Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Nish

Filmmakers who would have made great horror movies, but never tried.

Whom do you think are filmmakers who could have made some awesome horror flicks if they tried. I say Sergio Leone, he would have made a really cool close-up horror movie. Anyone else?
Old 02-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Undead

Interesting thread.

The man in your signature although of course we've already had From Dusk Till Dawn. And although he could still eventually make one.

I'd like to see Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko) attempt a full blown one, seeing as he's one of the best new young talents.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Banned

Akira Kurosawa
Old 02-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Evil Dead

Anyone familiar with the "supernatural" reading of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly? I don't know who originally came up with this, but some critics and reviewers think Blondie is an angel sent to watch over Tuco and ensure he gets his share of the gold without getting killed. According to this reading, he slowly reveals his angelic identity until the end when he appears for the gunfight in pure angelic radiance (the sheep-skin vest and poncho we know from the other two movies in the Dollars Trilogy). This reading also explains some of Angel Eyes' dialogue and adds more signifigance to the scene in which Tuco beats his padre brother. And at the end of the movie did Blondie keep on riding to the town of San Miguel, somewhere along the way trading his horse for the mule he's riding in the opening of Fistful?

Monco, Eastwood's name in For a Few, is also Italian for Monk.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Nish

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Anyone familiar with the "supernatural" reading of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly? I don't know who originally came up with this, but some critics and reviewers think Blondie is an angel sent to watch over Tuco and ensure he gets his share of the gold without getting killed. According to this reading, he slowly reveals his angelic identity until the end when he appears for the gunfight in pure angelic radiance (the sheep-skin vest and poncho we know from the other two movies in the Dollars Trilogy). This reading also explains some of Angel Eyes' dialogue and adds more signifigance to the scene in which Tuco beats his padre brother. And at the end of the movie did Blondie keep on riding to the town of San Miguel, somewhere along the way trading his horse for the mule he's riding in the opening of Fistful?

Monco, Eastwood's name in For a Few, is also Italian for Monk.
Thats a pretty cool thought. I mean, The Man with No Name rarely seems to get hurt (there are exceptions, of course) and often gets saved by some nearly impossible coincidences. (The Chariots in the desert, the explosion in the hotel etc.) A man who is nearly left for dead by Tuco miraculously talks to Blondie. Pretty cool, maybe he evolved into the High Plains Drifter lol.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ProjectMayhem
Interesting thread.

The man in your signature although of course we've already had From Dusk Till Dawn. And although he could still eventually make one.

I'd like to see Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko) attempt a full blown one, seeing as he's one of the best new young talents.
He did great with Donnie Darko. I'd love to see what he could do with a horror movie.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:37 AM
Evil Dead

Tarkovsky. It would be talky and six hours long... but probably very scary.

What about directors who should have made more? I wish Kubrick had.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Hellraiser

Qeuntin could have a great horror movie becausse he is one of the best directors ever.

Little Nicky. ( now that is scary)
Old 02-09-2004, 01:03 PM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
I would like to see what the Chiodo brothers could do with a huge ass budget.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Banned

Sam Peckinpah
Peter O'Fallon
Luc Besson
Darren Aronofsky
Christopher Nolan