Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Scares Little Kids

Lightbulb Movie makers

Who are your favorite movie directors or filmakers, I have two faves Wes Craven and Rob Zombie there the best:rolleyes: so tell me what are your favorite movie directors & filmakers of all time:).
Old 04-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Movie makers

Quote:
Originally posted by living_deadgurl
Who are your favorite movie directors or filmakers, I have two faves Wes Craven and Rob Zombie there the best:rolleyes: so tell me what are your favorite movie directors & filmakers of all time:).
dario argento, lucio fulci, mario bava, david cronenberg, john carpenter, george romero, tobe hooper, some wes craven...and plenty others.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Evil Dead

horror directors: Jörg Buttgereit, Takashi Miike, Ruggero Deodato, David Cronenberg, George A. Romero, Peter Jackson

other favorite directors: Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch, Gaspar Noe, Philip Ridley, Roman Polanski, Ingmar bergman, Lars Von Trier
Old 04-28-2004, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by StaggerLee
horror directors: Jörg Buttgereit, Takashi Miike, Ruggero Deodato, David Cronenberg, George A. Romero, Peter Jackson
buttgereit & deodato i would have in my guilty pleasure section, along with lenzi & martino
Old 04-29-2004, 09:03 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Pretty much what Zwoti and Staggerlee said!

Carpenter is my favourite above all though, because I think he's the total b-movie directing package! Movies , music scores, screenwriting and he always comes up with something fresh whether you enjoy it or not!

Plus I think, Hideo Nakata is putting alot of the creepyness back into horror movies!

Feral Cat

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 05-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Banned

Re: Movie makers

Quote:
Originally posted by living_deadgurl
How can Rob Zombie be your favorite? Is Tony Danza your favorite comedian too? Idiot.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:51 AM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
Leper Messiah

I guess it is apparent that your sole purpose on this forum is to call people silly little names and contribute fuck all.

Consider this our final conversation. Living_deadgirl has a right to her opinion, if you don't agree, save your imature rantings for your elementary school debate.

Bye.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Banned

Re: Leper Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by nine9
I guess it is apparent that your sole purpose on this forum is to call people silly little names and contribute fuck all.

Consider this our final conversation. Living_deadgirl has a right to her opinion, if you don't agree, save your imature rantings for your elementary school debate.

Bye.
In all fairness, that was as much a contibution as my post.

George A. Romero, John Carpenter, Roman Polanski. Happy now fuckhead?
Old 05-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Re: Leper Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by Leper Messiah
George A. Romero, John Carpenter, Roman Polanski. Happy now fuckhead?
the usual suspects reappear..throw in cronenberg and you've got a set.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:07 PM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
Horror: George A. Romero, Sam Raimi (his Evil Dead Trilogy anyway), Wes Craven, Lucio Fulci, Dario Argento, Guillermo de Toro, Peter Jackson

Other: Spike Jonez, Christopher Nolan, Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream), Michele Quandry (new fav. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)

i'm sure there's more that i left out..
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!