Old 11-10-2020, 02:15 PM
Living Dead

black metal fan

The last live show I got to see was MORBID ANGEL, WATAIN ,and INCANTATION at el corazon in seattle. Had tickets for FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE in march and tickets for ROTTING CHRIST in april. They were of course both canceled because of this covid bull-shit! This has to end sometime.
Old 06-28-2021, 01:57 AM
Evil Dead

Classic Stones Live-6/25/21 Flying Monkey Plymouth NH

First concert in almost a year and a half and most enjoyable evening. CSL are a Tribute band with "Mick" and "Keith" looking remarkably like the genuine article. Joined by six other players and certainly had the sound down , playing a little over two hours. Realized how long it's been when they took an intermission and I first thought that was the show

Some people have busted my chops for seeing a Tribute band, especially if the "Real" article is out there. Can't see having to spend a fortune on tickets, traveling to Boston/spending the night and knowing they will not sound like they did. Plus many of the Tributes sound just fine

A Co-Worker got Eagles tickets for $700 each which I think is outrageous...At this point, there is a limit and $100 each is really it
Old 06-29-2021, 12:23 PM
Scholar

My last concert was the IBMA pre-covid. One of the newer acts I liked was Maybe April.
Old 08-15-2021, 02:24 AM
Evil Dead

Hall and Oates/Squeeze- 8/9/21. Bank of New Hampshire Pavillion Gilford NH

Saw H&O two weeks after getting married (2/85) and despite being more of a Headbanger (Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Scorpions etc), they put on a excellent show with Daryl Hall exuding more confidence than 20 singers.

Two years after a severe Electrical storm cancelled their performance, they were back and while a lot of hits were played, it was a short set, only about 14 songs with a LOT of patter by Darryl that seemed more about taking up time as well as bitching at his Guitar tech close to the mike. About five people from work/gym have the same outlook as I did, so at least I did not feel like I was nitpicking.

Despite all the minuses, They sounded really good-Ace Band they had- and John Oates really is a better singer/ guitar player than given credit for.

As far as Squeeze, only know a couple of tunes. Very good players, but almost too loud for the venue and also was disappointed KT Tunstall had to back out as was looking forward to seeing what She could do.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:05 AM
Evil Dead

Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley 9/18/21 Bank of New Hampshire Pavillion Gilford NH

Good double bill that was pretty good, despite the aggravation of getting decent tickets and the all but extortionary fees that LiveNation tacks on. Crowd was cool, but could smell pungent cheap weed throughout, especially when the row in front of us was handing a joint off up and down the line.

I loved KISS back in the day (still enjoy those albums) and think Ace is a good guitar slinger with a unique vibrato style, but He really has not progressed as a player since the late 70's. Decent playing though with a good band, but only 8 songs played with only one new one (in a medley) and very heavy on KISS material. Oddly, He wrote many decent songs in his tenure, but bypassed a lot to play songs like "Strutter", "Detroit Rock City" and "Deuce". "Rocket Ride", "Cold Gin" and "Parasite" (especially) rocked great, but where was "Rip It Out", "Rock Soldiers" or "Strange Ways"?

I don't think Alice can play a bad show and good form last night, using the cool stage from the last tour. At first thought He was going to play the same show as last time, but three new songs from DETROIT STORIES and very nice hearing "He's Back (The Man behind The Mask)" -seeing Jason Voorhees as well. Solid set with his excellent band who all rocked out and seemed to be almost giddy to be playing again, especially Nita Strauss whose exuberance was contagious.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:16 PM
Living Dead

black metal fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley 9/18/21 Bank of New Hampshire Pavillion Gilford NH

Good double bill that was pretty good, despite the aggravation of getting decent tickets and the all but extortionary fees that LiveNation tacks on. Crowd was cool, but could smell pungent cheap weed throughout, especially when the row in front of us was handing a joint off up and down the line.

I loved KISS back in the day (still enjoy those albums) and think Ace is a good guitar slinger with a unique vibrato style, but He really has not progressed as a player since the late 70's. Decent playing though with a good band, but only 8 songs played with only one new one (in a medley) and very heavy on KISS material. Oddly, He wrote many decent songs in his tenure, but bypassed a lot to play songs like "Strutter", "Detroit Rock City" and "Deuce". "Rocket Ride", "Cold Gin" and "Parasite" (especially) rocked great, but where was "Rip It Out", "Rock Soldiers" or "Strange Ways"?

I don't think Alice can play a bad show and good form last night, using the cool stage from the last tour. At first thought He was going to play the same show as last time, but three new songs from DETROIT STORIES and very nice hearing "He's Back (The Man behind The Mask)" -seeing Jason Voorhees as well. Solid set with his excellent band who all rocked out and seemed to be almost giddy to be playing again, especially Nita Strauss whose exuberance was contagious.
I don't pay any attention to Alice Cooper anymore since he has become a Christian.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:24 AM
Evil Dead

Went to The Sandwich (NH) Fair on Sunday with the Wife. Nice day, Cool people and SO MUCH FOOD! Had an enjoyable time and caught a couple of musical acts before leaving, with Stage Mentalist/Sword Swallower Roderick Russell-a big hit with the crowd- in between:

Marcy Drive Band- Basic Bar/Cover Band, but good playing by all and really sizzling by the finale of "Folsom Prison Blues"

Don Campbell-Popular performer in Northern New England (particularly Maine) has a good country-ish vibe, reminded Me a lot of Vince Gill. Had a good sized Swag table as well, lots of Garment wear and CD's.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:35 AM
Evil Dead

Get The Led Out-Friday 10/22/21 Colonial Theater Laconia NH

The Colonial was old movie theater that had been closed for over 20 years, but lots of upgrading and has doing very well since re- opening this past summer. Hoping this will be helpful to Downtown Businesses.

GTLO are a Philadelphia Band who aim to play Led Zeppelin songs as on the album with all the overdubs and extras added. They succeeded admirably with "Ten Years Gone", "Hey Hey What Can I Do", "All My Love", "The Wanton Song" and the magnificent "Nobody's Fault But Mine"

Only real beef I have (other than playing LZ songs I'm sick of by now like "Stairway To Heaven", "What Is And What Should Never Be" and especially "Ramble On", but that's not the Band's fault) was various members leaving the stage and coming back on midway through the songs then leaving again, which I sort of found distracting.
Old 03-20-2022, 12:35 AM
Evil Dead

The O'Brien Clan-Kathleen's Irish Pub-Bristol NH 3/17/22

Got together with some friends for dinner for St Patty's day. The group is a family (with a spouse or two) playing traditional Irish songs. Took a while to get going, but good time and an interesting take on "Whiskey in the Jar" and closing with "Danny Boy"
Old 11-08-2022, 01:07 AM
Evil Dead

Three Dog Night-Colonial Theatre Laconia NH 4/2022
Blue Oyster Cult-" " " " " " " " """"""""""""""""""""""""""
Don McLean""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Kashmir-Flying Monkey, Plymouth NH 6/2022
Mark Farner-""""""""""""""""""""""""""" 7/2022
Styx, REO Speedwagon, Loverboy-Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion, Gilford NH. 9/2022.