Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 11-02-2020, 03:09 PM
Living Dead

Most effective scene

The hand -holding scene and the "door" in the original movie THE HAUNTING, probably my all time favorite horror movie. The re-make was crap! I did like the series on net-flix though, very well done.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:32 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. macabre View Post
The hand -holding scene and the "door" in the original movie THE HAUNTING, probably my all time favorite horror movie. The re-make was crap! I did like the series on net-flix though, very well done.
I liked the remake. I really appreciated I actually got to see stuff, not just hear it.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:38 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

I like both, I don't always compare movies if they are too different, I mean its like comparing The Thing with its original (the thing from another world), you can barely call the thing a remake,,being so much content that is original in it...same with house on haunted hill (though the remake isn't everyone cup of tea), and thirteen ghosts...
Old 11-02-2020, 04:12 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post
I like both, I don't always compare movies if they are too different, I mean its like comparing The Thing with its original (the thing from another world), you can barely call the thing a remake,,being so much content that is original in it...same with house on haunted hill (though the remake isn't everyone cup of tea), and thirteen ghosts...
I agree.

Didn't like The Thing From Another World though. Just a bunch of people talking and yelling for 90 minutes.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:47 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

oh god i know, but i liked it for some reason hahaha, gotta love the monster though, he is pretty menacing and out of control,
and there are some awesome scenes,

first one the thing trying to get through that door was pretty cool, and you gotta love that scene where they try to set it on fire, its pretty classic, the ending fight also, but yah what the fuck is up with all that talking!!!

but those scenes are enough for me to love the movie regardless,

Old 11-02-2020, 11:01 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post
oh god i know, but i liked it for some reason hahaha, gotta love the monster though, he is pretty menacing and out of control,
and there are some awesome scenes,

first one the thing trying to get through that door was pretty cool, and you gotta love that scene where they try to set it on fire, its pretty classic, the ending fight also, but yah what the fuck is up with all that talking!!!

but those scenes are enough for me to love the movie regardless,

I’ll give it this. The acting was really good.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:16 AM
Evil is Better

When Leatherface first shows up in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It was so simple but something about it just freaked me out.