Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-21-2006, 12:19 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Jaws 2

Funny thing about Jaws 2...

I liked it! I've always liked this movie. No, it's not the first movie, and it's not a classic. But the shark looks cool, there is plenty of good monster action with it, and it destroys a HELICOPTER. A HELICOPTER!! YES. It lunges out of the water, bites the helicopter, and pulls it into the water. You gotta love that. What more does a person need to know? It's good popcorn entertainment.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Misanthrope

I dig Jaws 2 aswell dude, Roy Scheider is dope. The sequels after that were pretty rats tho.
Jaws never could've eaten Blue Thunder :)
Old 12-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Evil Dead

Don't know if I've seen ANY of the JAWS sequels...I remeber wondering which number "the revenge" was though...
The first one was ok...what's the deal with the second, do some sharks smell blood in the water from the first or somethin'?
Old 12-21-2006, 03:06 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

The second movie just has "another shark"...it looks a little smaller than the one in the first movie, but I could be wrong about that.

This new shark is a little crazier than the one in the first movie too...a little whacky...it chases after people and chews through boats a lot more.

It also seems more calculating and intelligent in some ways...for example, it seems to sense that the guy in the helicopter is going to rescue the kids on the boat, and since it wants to eat the kids on the boat, it destroys the helicopter.

So this shark is kind of flambouyant, if you'll pardon the expression, in a comic-book sort of way.

Friend....gooooood!

Last edited by crabapple; 12-21-2006 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Crystal of the Sea.

I've never been much of a fan when it comes to Jaws, but I still watch it if it's on TV. I can't help it, I just like a good laugh.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:58 AM

its a good sequel...."the last shark" is a good clone of the sequel :p ...it even has a helicopter scene
Old 12-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Jaws 2 is not a bad sequel. Not the classic that Jaws is, but a good film. The 70's clothing and hairstyles are a thing to behold as well.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManchestrMorgue View Post
Jaws 2 is not a bad sequel. Not the classic that Jaws is, but a good film. The 70's clothing and hairstyles are a thing to behold as well.
ditto..........
Old 12-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
i saw it back when i was really little. of course back then i had no idea what good film making reallly was, so i thouht it was some kind of classic at the time.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:29 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I have a weird way of perceiving it. It looks like it was a much easier film to make. Much of the shark action takes place closer to shore, and I imagine that the mechanical shark rig setups were much easier to achieve because of this. The final confrontation occurs in a sort of stationary zone right near land, which also looks very convenient. The effects people were probably pretty happy about that.

It occurs to me that this was a nice experience for the actors returning from the first film to play their characters once again...the first film was a huge moneymaker, so people coming back probably were compensated well. So it was more money to do less work, I figure. Sort of reenforces the idea that if you really work hard on something, karma will do you a good turn. So when I see this, I see people riding a gravy train for a little while and having fun.

I am also a total sucker for monster-in-the-water pictures. If you have some rubber monster lunging out of the water to bite people, I'll watch it even if it's bad. And Jaws 2 is actually not bad at all, it's pretty good.

Friend....gooooood!