#21  
Old 08-07-2018, 06:51 PM
Lord Voldemort's Avatar
Lord Voldemort Lord Voldemort is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
The zombie is a symbol of our own mortality. Hence slow. Death for most of us will come slowly. Romero said we are the walking dead because we know we are going to die. We see the zombies coming and we know, after a while, we will die.

Like life.
That was the same reasoning for the creature in It Follows. It's the reason why the curse was passed through sexual intercourse; it's one of the earliest acts of adulthood when death is more prevalent than childhood.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 4,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort View Post
That was the same reasoning for the creature in It Follows. It's the reason why the curse was passed through sexual intercourse; it's one of the earliest acts of adulthood when death is more prevalent than childhood.
Interesting! When you say death is more prevalent than in childhood, you mean adults are more likely to die than children? Or just that adults are closer to dying of old age than children?

I'm not sure I'm following you as to how sex makes death more prevalent. You know, anymore than puberty does. Thanks!
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-09-2018, 07:04 AM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is online now
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: The Moon
Posts: 834
Speaking of which, why do horror movies always show people getting killed during or after having sex? Is it because people let their guard down and become more vulnerable in that situation? I personally don't think the movie makers are trying to imply that sex is evil it's more like they are trying to scare the audience. Like the scene in Psycho when the woman was being stabbed to death while taking a shower. It's a scary idea to be attacked when you are naked and vulnerable.
__________________
We R Going 2 Eat U!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-18-2018, 10:11 AM
Lord Voldemort's Avatar
Lord Voldemort Lord Voldemort is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Interesting! When you say death is more prevalent than in childhood, you mean adults are more likely to die than children? Or just that adults are closer to dying of old age than children?

I'm not sure I'm following you as to how sex makes death more prevalent. You know, anymore than puberty does. Thanks!
Sorry should have worded it more clearly.

I meant because adults are more likely to do from old age. Each year that passes always brings you closer to death because sooner or later we will all die from some cause.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-25-2018, 05:08 PM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is online now
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: The Moon
Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort View Post
Sorry should have worded it more clearly.

I meant because adults are more likely to do from old age. Each year that passes always brings you closer to death because sooner or later we will all die from some cause.
Most people say they want to die of old age. I'm not sure I actually want that for myself because I've seen the way all my grandparents have been suffering in their old age. It's a very slow, painful, and degrading process. I think I would prefer somebody killing me quick and painless over rotting away in a nursing home.
__________________
We R Going 2 Eat U!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-29-2018, 09:08 AM
NightOfTheLiving_Sam's Avatar
NightOfTheLiving_Sam NightOfTheLiving_Sam is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 255
Is Dawn Of The Dead on blu ray by any any chance.

Anytime I look on Amazon, I can't seem to find it.


Last edited by NightOfTheLiving_Sam; 09-29-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-29-2018, 12:23 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 4,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfTheLiving_Sam View Post
Is Dawn Of The Dead on blu ray by any any chance.

Anytime I look on Amazon, I can't seem to find it.

That would be weird if it wasnt. Here's one, its used for $80. new $160, and from 80-124 for various qualities of used. Don't look at the $21 one, it will not play in North American blue ray players.

https://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Dead-Blu...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Used list: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...=used&qid=&sr=

Guess there hasnt been a US/Western blue ray release in a long time
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 09-29-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-30-2018, 02:07 PM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is online now
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: The Moon
Posts: 834
I bet you can find plenty of copies of the 2004 remake though.

God I hate remakes of great movies...
__________________
We R Going 2 Eat U!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:58 PM.