Old 12-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
And it reminds me a bit of The Hitcher in the fact that they could not escape him. Red also wrote Near Dark, another road movie classic. And you are right about Rourke in that film, supercool. Top notch cast, underrated film.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:48 PM
Evil Dead

I love Eric Red. Have seen everything he worked on except something called Gunman's Blues. Have you heard of this or seen it. It must exist 'cause I saw it mentioned in Pschotronic.

Do you know watever happened with Red. Last I heard he black out and ran his jeep thru the front of a bar and tried to cut his throat with a broken bottle. At first it looked like no charges were going to be filed, then the family of a girl killied in the accident started raising a stink. Do you know what happened? Right before it happen he signed to write and direct something over at Dimension, too.

I hope we hear from him soon!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Never heard of Gunman's Blues, but it's a great title. Last I heard from Red was that werewolf movie he made that wasn't that great (Bad Moon). Never heard the jeep story. Sounds crazy though. I'd love to see him write another flick, but maybe let someone else direct it.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:03 PM
Evil Dead

Gunman's Blues is a great title!!! I guess the jeep thing was in 2001. If you have your back issues of Fango handy, check out the Elegy in the Dec issue of that year. Timpone mentions it in passing.

Michael Weldon said Red wrote Gunman's Blues when he was 18. Wow.

Bad Moon no good. But I like Michael Pare. I liked the first movie Red directed, Cohen and Tate. Neat, conversation-driven crime movie. Over half the movie takes place in a car, and Red cuts it enough to keep it exciting. Made two bucks at the theater, though. I also like the movie he did for cable, Undertow. Eric is at his best when he has two characters who form a bond while trying to kill each other.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Cryptkeeper

I like Pare too. I can't help but sit down and watch Eddie and the Cruisers EVERYTIME TBS plays it. I haven't seen Cohen and Tate or Undertow. Though Lou Diamond is in Undertow and that, along with Red, warrants a viewing.