Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-16-2003, 09:27 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Anthony Hickox

Okay, this guy directed some of my favs.: Waxwork I/II, Warlock II, Hellraiser III, Sundown, and Full Eclipse. And then he just disappears from the horror scene and starts making shitty action movies. Any body care to share your thoughts?
Old 12-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Evil Dead

His action movies have sucked of late. I had my hopes up for Prince Valiant, too. I saw something he did with Armand Assante and it was horrible. No one can dress a cheap movie up better than Hickox, though. Full Eclipse was one of the first American movies to rip-off John Woo's action style, and Waxworks has Debra Foreman in it. What more do I have to say? Didn't he direct Warlock? Hellraiser 3 wasn't bad, either.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:50 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
No, Steve Miner directed Warlock. Hickox did the sequel, and did it better IMO.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Evil Dead

Ah, Waxworks 2 sans Julian Sands. That's a tough one to watch. If memeory serves, though, he does kill a midget. That's always a plus. And speaking of Miner, did you happen to watch Texas Rangers? Egad, it's bad, and I love Westerns. Sam Peckipah he ain't.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Ah, Waxworks 2 sans Julian Sands. That's a tough one to watch. If memeory serves, though, he does kill a midget. That's always a plus. And speaking of Miner, did you happen to watch Texas Rangers? Egad, it's bad, and I love Westerns. Sam Peckipah he ain't.
You lost me on that one. Are you talking about Warlock 2? If so, Sands is still the Warlock. And he does kill a midget.:D

I haven't seen Texas Rangers, but I hear it's bad. What the hell was Steve Miner thinking? I think he directed some episodes of Dawson's Creek too.

I too am a fan of Westerns though. I like to see the genre's (westerns and horror) mix.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Evil Dead

D'oh! I was thinking about Warlock 3 with Bruce Payne. No midgets killed in that one.

Speaking of Western-horror stuff, did you ever see Curse of the Undead with that Eric Fleming guy from Rawhide? He gets in a quick-draw contest with a vamp gunfighter and kills him with a silver bullet that also has a bit of the True Cross in it. I saw it when I was a kid and then two yrs ago on AMC's Halloween bash. Cheesy but cool.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Cryptkeeper

Yeah, Payne was no substitute for Sands.

Haven't seen Curse of the Undead. Sounds kinda cool. I did enjoy Sundown, High Plains Drifter, Ghost Town, and Legend of the Phantom Rider. I think more hybrids need to be made.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Evil Dead

Yes, I saw all those hybrids! Ghost Town was especially cool. And Legend of the Phantom Rider was much better than I thought it would be!
Old 12-23-2003, 05:56 PM
Cryptkeeper

I loved Ghost Town as well. I think it's my favorite of the horror/westerns. I really, really enjoyed Phantom Rider too. For their budget, it was damn good. I expected it to be cool since I read an article about it in Fango and, for once, I wasn't disappointed.

And since your a fan of westerns, I recommend The Last Outlaw. It's not really horror, but it does have a supernatural air about it. Anyway, it's a great little western and has one of the best casts ever assembled.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Evil Dead

Ah, dude, you are so talking my language!!!! The Last Outlaw is very, very cool. Micky Rourke is da man!!! And talk about a great cast; this thing is like a who's who of great character actors. And you're right, Keith David has that voodoo jive going to give everything a bit of supernatural flavor. It was also directed by the guy who did Young Guns 2 and written by the GREAT Eric Red who wrote The Hitcher. Even reminds me a bit of Jonah Hex, my fave comic character. Rock on, but this f'in' movie is cool!!!!!!