Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Fav. Italian director

Who's your favorite Italian director? There's Fulci, Argento, the Bava's, Bruno Mattei, Umberto Lenzi, Michele Soavi, et al.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Evil Dead

That's a tough question, dude. It's like picking which finger to get cut off. Everyone you named is great (hell, even Mateii and Lenzi aren't without theie own campy charm), but I gotta go with either Argento or Mario Bava. I wish like hell that Soavi would do something new!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 06:48 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I can't believe you just said Mattei had campy charm. Then again, you said campy so I'll go for that.

As for Soavi, I'm with you man. He and Barker are probably the two people I most want to see pick up a camera again.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Evil Dead

I would love for Barker to direct again---especially that follow-up to Nightbreed he used to talk about. That'd be awesome.

I watched a Mateii Rambo rip-off once with Reb Brown, and in the final fight scene, Reb and this big Russian charge each other like rams and butt heads. Reb knocks the dude out, which proves he has a hard head. Something I been saying for years. That's a great moment in bad movie cinema.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
I would love for Barker to direct again---especially that follow-up to Nightbreed he used to talk about. That'd be awesome.

I watched a Mateii Rambo rip-off once with Reb Brown, and in the final fight scene, Reb and this big Russian charge each other like rams and butt heads. Reb knocks the dude out, which proves he has a hard head. Something I been saying for years. That's a great moment in bad movie cinema.
Whoa, whoa, whoa....Reb Brown and Bruno Mattei worked together??? This I gotta see. Reb Brown is my favorite "bad" movie actor. He's the best....or worst. Depends on how you look at it. I love that guy. If only he would have made a film with Rudy Ray Moore....
Old 12-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Evil Dead

Fulci Forever!!!

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Evil Dead

Reb Brow is da bomb (or is that stink bomb?). I too think Reb is the king of bad action-fu movies. The name of the Matei/Brown movie is Strike Commando. There's a scene where this little Vietnamese kid is dying, and he asks Reb what Disneyland is like, and Reb, crying and snot bubbling out of his nose, says, "You'd love it. Mickey Mouse is everyone's friend. They have rivers of chocolate syrup and cotton candy grows on trees."

A Reb-Rudy Ray fight would be way cool---I'd even like to see (hear?) them have a rap battle. Remember in Human Tornado when Rudy Ray Moore jumped and rolled naked down that hill, then showed it again in slo-mo, while he said in the VO: "You motherf'ers didn't delieve I'd do it, did you? Take a look at this shit again." Truly strange.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to devlspaintbrush
Fulci
argento
bava
and the guy that directed Cemetary man:D
Old 12-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Reb Brow is da bomb (or is that stink bomb?). I too think Reb is the king of bad action-fu movies. The name of the Matei/Brown movie is Strike Commando. There's a scene where this little Vietnamese kid is dying, and he asks Reb what Disneyland is like, and Reb, crying and snot bubbling out of his nose, says, "You'd love it. Mickey Mouse is everyone's friend. They have rivers of chocolate syrup and cotton candy grows on trees."

A Reb-Rudy Ray fight would be way cool---I'd even like to see (hear?) them have a rap battle. Remember in Human Tornado when Rudy Ray Moore jumped and rolled naked down that hill, then showed it again in slo-mo, while he said in the VO: "You motherf'ers didn't delieve I'd do it, did you? Take a look at this shit again." Truly strange.
Dr. K, you are the man. Ever see Cage I or II? Captain America (Reb)and the Hulk (Lou) are in that one. Great bad movie. Looks like I'll be hunting the old vid stores for Strike Commando.

As for Human Tornado, that's my favorite moment of the film.

"He think he's bad and ain't got no class! I'm gonna rock this shotgun up his muthafuckin' ass!"
Old 12-23-2003, 05:22 PM
Evil Dead

Cage is my fave Reb Brown movie! If you're not careful you'll almost tear-up when big Lou says, "I died a long time ago." Cage II was bit of a let down, especially with the "to be continued" ending. Then no part 3; what's up with that?!?!