Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-23-2003, 05:24 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Cage is also my favorite Reb epic. Cage II is not as good, but the To Be Continued ending only adds to its awesomeness. Ever see Space Mutiny or Howling II? Reb shows his comic genius in these films as well. I LOVE that guy.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:32 PM
Evil Dead

Yes, I especially like Howling II! We get Reb with a shotgun, Chris Lee, AND Sybil Danning's breasts all for the price of ONE ticket. Wow!

I like Reb in Street Hunter and the great Italian Vietnam flick "Ghost Warrior" where he plays a commando that goes back to 'Nam to find William Katt, who is called "The Ghost Warrior" by the natives and has been fighting the war alone for the last ten yrs since America pulled out. Ah, the horror...the horror...
Old 12-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I love how they show Danning's breast shot 10 times during the credits. Funny as hell.

I'll have to find these other Reb epics you speak of. Captain American and the Greatest American Hero in the same movie sounds good to me.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Evil Dead

I read that Sybil ran out of the Howling II premiere crying after she saw her breasts repeated over and over in the closing credits. That's funny.

I recorded every single episode of the Captain America series on a sci-fi marathon about five years back. That was mucho groovy. It takes a while to get used to the motorcycle helmet, though. Makes Reb look like Peter Fonda in Easy Rider.

I've even spotted a few "serious" Reb moments over the years. He has a small but substantial part in John Milius' Big Wednesday (I think his character is called The Enforcer, and he actually cries on cue). Look for him quick as the bouncer with the familiar high-pitched scream who whups George C. Scott's ass in Paul Schrader's Hardcore. He's also in one of the best episodes of Miami Vice, "Viking Bikers From Hell." Damn, but that's a cool title!
Old 12-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Cryptkeeper

I've seen that episode of Miami Vice!!!! Great stuff.

For a more serious Reb flick, try Uncommon Valor. Actually, it's a pretty good movie.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Evil Dead

I love Uncommon Valor. Now that's a movie with a cast of great character actors!!!! The fight between Tex Cobb and Andrew Stevens is one of my faves. "Boy, you just opened a whole can of whup ass usin' that Oriental martial bullshit on me." Any you can hear Reb screaming in the background, "Kick his ass, Sailor!" You can't that.

"Agent orange...too much agent orange."
Old 12-27-2003, 12:05 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
I love Uncommon Valor. Now that's a movie with a cast of great character actors!!!! The fight between Tex Cobb and Andrew Stevens is one of my faves. "Boy, you just opened a whole can of whup ass usin' that Oriental martial bullshit on me." Any you can hear Reb screaming in the background, "Kick his ass, Sailor!"
Yes, Reb as Blaster was great in that flick. It seems he was actually, dare I say it, acting in that movie. I read somewhere that Wings Hauser came up with the story for that movie. You know anything about that one?

Oh yeah, who's Andrew Stevens? LOL.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Evil Dead

The Andrew Stevens thing is an in-joke me and a friend of mine started. Since it's embarassing to admit you dig a Swayze movie, and Swayze looks like Stevens in the movie, and the whole thing feels like an eighties straight-to-video movie, we started calling Swayze's character Andrew Stevens. Whew. Sorry, it's a habit.

Wings Hauser is listed as executive producer in the credits. Who knows. John Milius says he wrote it but was embarrassed to take credit for a shoot-em-up. He says he also wrote Dirty Harry, though Eastwood says he's full of it.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Cryptkeeper

Hey now, are you trying to tell me it's not cool if I like Dirty Dancing???? Just kidding. Swayze was in Donnie Darko though and I can no longer give him shit. Plus, Road House and Red Dawn were immortal classics in my childhood abode.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Evil Dead

Red Dawn is cool (John Milius, again), and Road House is so bad you have to love it. Not only does the bad guy in Road House own Big Foot, he lets his henchman take it out on a double date!!!

"I thought you'd be...bigger."

And how can I forget the immortal Steel Dawn????

(Donnie Darko rocks, too)