Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2006, 11:37 AM
marcm2k

The Vampire Conspiracy

Five strangers are abducted by a megalomaniacal vampire and put into a deadly maze of wits and endurance. Should they make it through alive, they receive this vampire’s entire fortune. Should they fail, they become victims his hunger and placed back into the game, this time as a succubus to hunt the next round of victims.

The only clues to their salvation are seven words of virtue written on the floor and the insane man who has survived the last game. Complications arise when it’s revealed that each of them are involved in a connected circumstance. There is betrayal in the group and they now want each other dead. The situation has now changed, and they don’t know whom to fear most, the Vampires hunting them or each other.

Written, produced and directed by Marc Morgenstern. The movie stars, newcomers Sarah Boes, Adrian Pryce, Ron Mazor, Christiane Garcia, John Lopes, Jean-Marc Fontaine and Jaret Sacrey.

WHAT IS SAID ABOUT THE VAMPIRE CONSPIRACY

There were several aspects of the film that I did enjoy and that I did find ambitious and I think they worked to a large degree. The telling of the story and the interrelationships of the characters unknown to them and the audience worked… and that made the end of the film very satisfying. Without a doubt the camp humour was very good and I love the audience interaction with the characters on the screen. We could certainly use more of that in the cinemas these days. _The script had to be good otherwise the limited sets and locations would have never sustained the film’s content… (This aspect of the film alone makes it noteworthy)
_
And finally we needed a ditzy Anita Egberg, Marilyn Munroe type in the pic to give the screen some sizzle which would have complemented the Ed Wood look with a touch of Russ Meyers… had this had happened I think you would have covered off all the bases. While the pic had some weaknesses, it was a good film, and certainly played better_than many I have seen for far greater budget.

Tasso Lakas
Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA) 2. Nov. 2005
Old 02-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
why bother... its just like saw, cube, and every other "maze" "deadly game" movie out there. they just threw in a vampire, and some demonic crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real