Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-15-2004, 05:07 AM
Banned

only if, they used bruce cambell. then only maybe ubt nah i think it would be great if they had bruce cambell. but idoubt if it would be as good though
Old 10-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Stalk me please...

Send a message via AIM to thEsounDofdirT
i agree ... never ever remake this film... to me though.. i kind of consider evil dead 2 to be evil dead with a better budget... and a lot of people seem to like evil dead 2 better because of this reason... for me.. i love them both to death... evil dead 1 because it was the original story and was so rich in content...

army of darkness i also love...

i really really really want to see an evil dead 4 come about... sam raimi and bruce campbell

Check out my DVD collection!

Check out my new project - spoonPhase
Old 10-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to evil_deadman
an Evil Dead 4 could be interesting..but hell no.The original should NEVER be remade.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Evil Dead

By all the Gods.....NEVER!!....NO! Don't even give somebody that idea.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Horror Fan

Re: should THE EVIL DEAD be remade?

No.

Only about a year late on that one.

Old 10-20-2004, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by thEsounDofdirT
i agree ... never ever remake this film... to me though.. i kind of consider evil dead 2 to be evil dead with a better budget... and a lot of people seem to like evil dead 2 better because of this reason... for me.. i love them both to death... evil dead 1 because it was the original story and was so rich in content...

army of darkness i also love...

i really really really want to see an evil dead 4 come about... sam raimi and bruce campbell
yeah. well if its a continuation of the series. with cambell and raimi, then i would love to see that. i agree with ya on the other 3 being excellent. but iwould sorta like to see four with a bit more horror in it. but still have a comedic edge to it. it'll be great stuff. but i wouldn't be suprised if they did a remake though, cause they know it would make a ton of bucks at the box office. because even a ardent fan of the series who is totally against a remake would most likely still go an see it. as would i..

Last edited by wufong; 10-20-2004 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
...they know it would make a ton of bucks at the box office. because even a ardent fan of the series who is totally against a remake would most likely still go an see it. as would i
Well that's it, isn't it?

Even if we all did not sell out and give money to the fatcat producers of remakes, the mainstream audience these movies are targetted at will provide more than enough revenue to justify pilfering the originals.

The underground is only the underground so long as it stays there - if the moneymen see potential in dragging cult and obscure concepts topside, there is nothing the fans can do to stop it.

If only a "re-imagining" of a classic could prove to be even more hard-hitting and of an aquired taste than the original... watching a teen audience vomit and run for the exits during the remake of THE NEW YORK RIPPER - now THAT would be funny...!

Still won't get me anywhere near the new Dawn, TCM or 'Salem's Lot, though.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:15 AM
No charge for awesomeness

The question is so damn stupid that I am refusing to answer... :rolleyes: Anyone that actually thinks they should ever even consider re-making Evil Dead needs to be beaten down and left in a gutter.

As for Evil Dead 4, here's the link to Bruce Campbell's Website.

It's not ever going to happen. :rolleyes:
Old 10-20-2004, 05:23 AM
Banned

"Still won't get me anywhere near the new Dawn, TCM or 'Salem's Lot, though."
i know what ya mean. rarely is the remake as good as the original. but i still get suckered into seeing the remakes, i don't know why. at least i wait for it to come out on dvd or something.:rolleyes: i can understand them remaking a older movie that basicly had a real good idea storyline etc, but was poorly made. but i think if a classic was done right the first time like evil dead was they should leave it. the thing that i'm so jealous of. is that there is some highly paid wanker driving around hollywood in some fancy smancy car, meeting all those famous chicks, and getting paid big money. and for what..? sfa thats what. i think a typical scene in his day would go something like
big wig producer " mmmm i need a idea for a movie something fresh."
little wig producer " um how about we remake a classic movie?"
big wig producer " hey! great idea heres 90, million bucks"
little wig producer" ugh only 90 million..? that wont leave much after all the cgi i'll need. i know ill hire some drunken hack to rewrite the screen play, and hire some noone name talentless actors. and aim it at the teen market, those dumb fucks will think its the best thing since sliced bread. omg i smell a mtv award coming on.