Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dolarhyde
Actually, it was based on the old Universal monster movies.
We think alike, I was just about to say that
Old 10-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Scares Little Kids

Ugh! This movie was sooooo bad! There were too many special effects and those weapons he used were just too futuristic. What happened to the classic art of horror movies.

Anyway back to the question. Yes, it's based on a character from Universal horror movies.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:47 AM
Banned

idiots! van helsing was one of the main characters fron the novel dracula. he isn't a old universal character. honestly do yourselves a favour and read a book for once in ya lives.
lol@ van helsing was a guiy who got rid of demons.
van helsing was the old dude in dracula. who clued johnathan(sp). and all the others about dracula and how to kill him. if you people are to stupid to read a book go watch the movie with keanu reeves and hopkins. thats pretty close to the original dracula story.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:27 AM

I just watched this again lastnight. I love it. It's cool how big the vampires mouths are. I liked having werewolves, frank and mr. hide in it too!!

LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU DIE!!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Post-Moderation

*sigh* the Anime was created and released to co-promote the release of the movie....its being done more and more to build hype about the movie as it releases theaters....

A very lackluster anime, for a fucking WEAK excuse for a movie....truly fitting....

And Van Helsing is from Bram Stoker's Novel, he appears in most Dracula films in one fashion or another....these movies we're just based on him alone.....in a completely bastardized storyline...yippie...
Old 10-22-2004, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
*sigh* the Anime was created and released to co-promote the release of the movie....its being done more and more to build hype about the movie as it releases theaters....

A very lackluster anime, for a fucking WEAK excuse for a movie....truly fitting....

And Van Helsing is from Bram Stoker's Novel, he appears in most Dracula films in one fashion or another....these movies we're just based on him alone.....in a completely bastardized storyline...yippie...
Sooooooooo You Hated it!! LOL

LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU DIE!!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Post-Moderation

This movie wasn't worthy of my hate, i fucking HATE the TCM remake and all it stands for, this movie.....well.....let's just say i wasn't dissapointed:D
Old 10-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally posted by wufong
idiots! van helsing was one of the main characters fron the novel dracula. he isn't a old universal character. honestly do yourselves a favour and read a book for once in ya lives.
lol@ van helsing was a guiy who got rid of demons.
van helsing was the old dude in dracula. who clued johnathan(sp). and all the others about dracula and how to kill him. if you people are to stupid to read a book go watch the movie with keanu reeves and hopkins. thats pretty close to the original dracula story.
I have read Dracula, and yes Van Helsing is a character from the book. I don't remember Frankenstein or the Wolfman being there though. :confused:

Quote:
While the film is an homage to the 1930s and '40s Universal Monster horror films, the inclusion of Mr. Hyde is an oddity, as he was never one of the Universal Monster roster. Instead, the films based on Hyde during that time were made for Universal's rival MGM.
Van Helsing
Old 10-23-2004, 01:34 AM
Banned

I thought arioch would've picked up on this one, but obviously he's not in top form today, so I'll hop back in momentarily to take it.

THIS

"Nah, not Vampire Hunter D, I know what that one is. Its this anime movie titled Van Hellsing....with two "L's"

Makes it sound as though he's talking about "Hellsing", but there's no "VAN".
The anime that has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the movie,
or that p.o.s promotional tool of a cartoon, but as far as I know, Hellsing IS something to do with vampires/demons...
Old 10-23-2004, 02:11 AM
Scares Little Kids

I watched Van Helsing fully expecting to hate it, but you know what. I enjoyed the shit out of it. It's like a 10 year old kids fantasy monster movie. When you take it like that, the way it was meant to be taken, you really see what Sommers was going for and scored if you ask me. I had a blast with it.