Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Evil Dead

Evil Dead 4?

Here's some news from SciFi.com:

Raimi Mulls Evil Dead 4

Sam Raimi, writer and director of the Evil Dead films, told SCI FI Wire that he eventually wants to helm a fourth movie in the franchise if one comes to pass. "I would want to direct Evil Dead 4 if we get around to making Evil Dead 4," Raimi said in an interview. "That particular one I want to tell. It's not that I don't want someone else to tell it, but it's a story that I wrote, and I'm halfway into it, and I feel like ... I'd rather finish it."

The Evil Dead films center on Ash (Bruce Campbell), a dim-witted city slicker who finds himself enmeshed in a battle with demonic creatures. The first low-budget Evil Dead became a cult hit in 1981 and put Raimi on the Hollywood radar, long before he gained widespread fame for his hits, including the Spider-Man films.

It's clear Raimi still has a warm spot in his heart for the Evil Dead movies. He said that he would like as many people from the first films as possible to return for the fourth installment. "Definitely [producer] Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell and myself," Raimi said. "I'd love [makeup artist] Tom Sullivan to be involved. It would be crazy to make that without him. I'd love to get as many of them that would be in it as possible."

Raimi is also producing a big-budget remake of the original film, for which he is seeking a new director. But he said he's not worried the remake will harm the prospects of making another sequel. "I think a new director could bring things to them that I couldn't, and I think that [I] would be really excited to see that happen," Raimi said. "I don't feel pictures, even if they are remakes, [are] ever going to take away from the original. The original of any movie is what it is, and if the remake is good, it's good, too. So I don't feel protective in that way about the movies that I've made, just the stories that I'm involved with and want to finish telling."

Still, Raimi said he doesn't know when he will return to the Evil Dead series as a director. "I'd like to one day," he said. "I can't promise that I will, but that is something I'd really like to do, and I'd like to pursue that. My brother [Ivan Raimi, a physician and Sam's frequent behind-the-scenes collaborator] and I have written down some ideas, but I think that's what we'll do. When the time comes, when we're done with the Spider-Man films, we'll sit down and write the script."
Old 02-08-2005, 12:14 PM
No, fuck YOU

Re: Evil Dead 4?

Quote:
Originally posted by phantomstranger
Here's some news from SciFi.com:

Raimi Mulls Evil Dead 4

Sam Raimi, writer and director of the Evil Dead films, told SCI FI Wire that he eventually wants to helm a fourth movie in the franchise if one comes to pass. "I would want to direct Evil Dead 4 if we get around to making Evil Dead 4," Raimi said in an interview. "That particular one I want to tell. It's not that I don't want someone else to tell it, but it's a story that I wrote, and I'm halfway into it, and I feel like ... I'd rather finish it."

The Evil Dead films center on Ash (Bruce Campbell), a dim-witted city slicker who finds himself enmeshed in a battle with demonic creatures. The first low-budget Evil Dead became a cult hit in 1981 and put Raimi on the Hollywood radar, long before he gained widespread fame for his hits, including the Spider-Man films.

It's clear Raimi still has a warm spot in his heart for the Evil Dead movies. He said that he would like as many people from the first films as possible to return for the fourth installment. "Definitely [producer] Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell and myself," Raimi said. "I'd love [makeup artist] Tom Sullivan to be involved. It would be crazy to make that without him. I'd love to get as many of them that would be in it as possible.

Still, Raimi said he doesn't know when he will return to the Evil Dead series as a director. "I'd like to one day," he said. "I can't promise that I will, but that is something I'd really like to do, and I'd like to pursue that. My brother [Ivan Raimi, a physician and Sam's frequent behind-the-scenes collaborator] and I have written down some ideas, but I think that's what we'll do. When the time comes, when we're done with the Spider-Man films, we'll sit down and write the script."

Now, that sounds very VERY good!! :D
Old 02-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Agreed.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Therapy?

Woah, great news.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Scares Little Kids

This is one gonna kick some ass nice! :)
Old 02-10-2005, 06:20 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
The evil dead movies were lame, a remake could be cool though.

Old 02-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
shut the fuck up you wak sun of a bitch
Old 02-10-2005, 07:02 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
lol just because I think they were stupid movies? whatever. go fuck yourself

Old 02-10-2005, 09:54 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:

Somebody ban this heathen!!

:cool:
Old 02-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
Quote:
I'm MurderDoll, I think serial killer's are so cool.

You're a loser, go watch TCM remake. Ass licker

Last edited by Sedated_replica; 02-10-2005 at 11:31 PM.