Old 03-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Best concert ever

Ok this music forum needs a new thread bad, so here's a generic one.....

What's the best concert you've ever been to. and who played? What the fuck made it so special?!?!?!

Mine was Thrice at a bowling alley....It was stuffy and smoky and pitch black, but the acoustics in there were awesome! Go Thrice!

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Leftover Crack was a good show..although they were being sellouts :rolleyes:
Old 03-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
I seen "the evens" last month and met Ian Mackaye, which was one of the coolest things in my life.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
I remember I went to a Coheed and Cambria show and they were supposed to play an hour and a half set...

They played every song they've ever done (3 albums and some B-sides) and it went for a little over 2 and a half hours. That was pretty sweet too.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:22 PM
The Dork Knight

Dave Matthews Band with Evanescene a close second, either one of them did anything special but I love the music.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:16 AM
I Killed Paul Allen

cryptopsy at a shitty concert place/ice rink the songs they played were great and i was front row the whole time then after their set they came out and i had a conversation with them.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:28 AM
Hellraiser

Mayhem. at a tiny local bar here in Little Rock, AR. Not many people were there and I got to meet every one of those guys. Wict Goatwhore being second. because I got to ride around with sammy duett and two other members and chill with them and exhumed being third because they got to use my drummers drum kit 'cause thiers was with the other band that didn't show.

But I'v also seen

cannibal corpse
cryptopsy
morbid angel
hate eternal
pantera
slipknot
himsa
death by stereo
trivium

the list goes on and on. I'v seen alot. and most in these tiny clubs where you can be right there next to them and hang out and drink beer with them after the show.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Evil Dead

METALLICA on the Master Of Puppets Tour 1986 at Birmingham
Odeon.They were just making it big time and the vibe and hype at the time was intense.Fortunately the band lived up to expectation and ripped through 2 hours of some of the most aggressive and furious metal I have ever witnessed.
What made it more memorable if that is the right word to use was that just a week later Cliff Burton died tragically and I felt so privileged to have seen the great man in action.I had not ever seen then or have seen since bass playing as brilliant as that.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:17 PM
You All Suck

I've seen Chimaira 3 times, each time better than the last...and their last show......simply fucking amazing.

Not only was the show on my birthday, but the opener was Machine Head, and their set was brilliant. They played a lot of their older shit, and then a lot of shit from their recent album. Then Chimaira came on and played nearly every song from both "Pass Out Of Existance" and "The Impossibility of Reason". They also played a few songs from "This Present Darkness" which fuckin rocked. Then in the middle of their set, Rob Flynn from Machine Head came out and did some fuckin Slayer, Sepultura and Pantera covers. Then Chimaira finished off their set. Chimaira was on stage for almost 2 and a half hours. Not to mention I got a few guitar picks from both bands, and I caught Kevin Talley's (chimaira) drumstick. I was front row as I always am at the concerts I go to. I believe Chimaira will always be the best band to see live.

'Twas a very happy birthday.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Banned

After 20 years of waiting - i saw The Soft Boys in a small club in toronto .. it was fantastic.
I saw Bowie in another small club ... it was outstanding too ..
Ther eis a Toronto area band called the Rheostatics .. they are always good but one of their shows was bigger than the others ..

i can name a few more memorables .. The Tubes, the Genesis cover band : The Musical Box, Mono ...

But the best show i ever saw .. the one that sent chills up my spine the whole way through :

was Burt Bacharach ... the man is a fucking showman ...
I'll put that performance up against anything ....