Old 08-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Hellraiser

Wanted to show some love~

I have to say that Japanese horror has always been my most feared of movies.

Even there american remakes scare me(Grude, Uninvited)!

I don't know what it is, but asian ghosts and horror, is just so much more scarier.
If you casted a white person, black person, asian person and an indian person, and had they say the same line, and do the exact performance, the asian one is going to be the scariest!

This is why i LOVE Japanese horror, cause it always scares me and thats why i watch horror movies everyday.

I also love Japanese Horror cause: One Missed Call, Tokyo Gore Police, Pulse, Ichi, Audition, Ju-ON, Tale of 2 Sis, Ringu, GODZILLA"S, infection, Shutter, Uninvited, Voice, Reincarnation, Dark Water(not just the remake of the most of these)

I also want to throw out my love for Hideo Nakata and Takashi Shimizu, cause all the movies that they have made, have really scared me. THe best have come from their writting! Serious the grudge scares me so bad, and Ju-On is ten times worst. I love all the American remakes, but like always, I love the orig's better. The remakes are always scary as hell also, and i enjoy watching it in english!

:) I always love a scare!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Serpent Riders

I'm with you. There's something about Asian horror that gets to me. I'm surprised there aren't more posts in this subforum. I'm a fan of Suicide Circle and the movie Audition. So creepy!!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Hellraiser

Like 4 years ago, i use to be picky about forign film, by only buying ones with english dubs.

But I think that it makes it more scary, cause your put into some other place that your not use to. Which gives it a more creep to it, cause you are not familiar, so if you think of yourself in there you wouldn't know what to do.

I am use to LA, NYC, and everywhere between, so when i watch the new texas chainsaw, I am like grab ur phone and head to Ausin or FT. Lauderdale.(just examples)

What i thought of last time i watched one of them japanahorror, was when i was reading the screen, I was concentrating so hard, so when the Ju-On ghost appears, it got me by surprised and literally made my skin feel like I saw a ghost.

I am gona test my theory, by watching an american film, but with subtitles, and change the language to french so that i don't understand, and read the subtitles.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Hellraiser

I talked to my mom today, and she told me the reason i think Asians are more scary than any other is cause of the the dark eyes of the Asians.

She said are old black cat always scared her cause she had these big dark eyes and dark fur, and our current cat is isn't afraid of and he has huge light blue eyes and blondish hair.

So its the deep dark eyes, and the dark black hair that gives Asians that creepy feel that scares me!

But I also think it is because of Takashi, Yoshihiro, Kim Ji-Woon and Jee-Woon Kim.
All these guys are masters of scary me, and making really scary movies
Old 08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Love is like dying

i am a massive fan of asian horror, korea do some very good horror as well, for best ghost movies asia rocks :D
Old 08-03-2011, 02:16 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltSlasher View Post
If you casted a white person, black person, asian person and an indian person, and had they say the same line, and do the exact performance, the asian one is going to be the scariest!

RACIST!!!

:cool:
Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Hellraiser

It ain't racist, to me Asians scare me more. Would it be racist if black people scared you most? Or if white people did? You make it seem like I you chose asians to be scared of more, cause i hate them or something. I just find all foreign horror to be much more creepier, but Japanese horror takes the cut!

I think most of it is there storys and knowledge of what is scary. Even the remakes of the Asian Films are scary, even if not complete Asian casted.

How about you go and buy Ju On or the Grudge, and watch it at midnight, by yourself, and tell me that movie doesn't scare you, more than anything else you have ever seen from an american film maker? Oh, and you can't name any movie that was a remake of a Japanese movie(Shutter, Uninvited, Ring, Mirrors, Dark Water, The Eye, One Missed Call, or Pulse)
I would like your opinion on a movie that is scarier than all of these? Cause i have yet to find one.

James Wan comes in 1st as scariest active american horror directer, but he is Chinese decent, but born Malaysian, so technically you could call his work Asian Horror.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Hellraiser

I am on my quest to try and scare my self to death, by watching every japanese horror I can for the next month and their remakes. For having no special effects, the original Ju-On has the scarist "ghost" I have ever seen, even scarier than the grudge's remake of the ghost with good cgi. But i am on Ju-ON right now, and will work my way through the rest!

Here is my list, if you can add on to it:
Ju-On and Ju-On 2-Grudge 1-3

Ringu-Ring 1 and 2

Pulse-Pulse

Tale of Two Sisters- The Uninvited

Dark Water- Dark Water

Shutter- Shutter

The Eye 1 and 2- The Eye

One Missed Call 1-3- One Missed Call

I own most of the above, but these below I got on Netflix in my Insta-Que:

Voices, Retribution, Phone, Audition, Cinderella, Ichi the Killer, Vital, Face, Thirst, Infection, Tales From the Dead,

If you know of any other Asian Horror for me to watch I would appreciate it. I have spent some going through netflix to find these good movies. I have only seen a few of these movies mainly the american remakes! Now i have a good collection of the orig so now its time for the Asian Horror Movie-Thon! (has to be at night also):)
Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltSlasher View Post
It ain't racist, to me Asians scare me more. Would it be racist if black people scared you most? Or if white people did? You make it seem like I you chose asians to be scared of more, cause i hate them or something. I just find all foreign horror to be much more creepier, but Japanese horror takes the cut!

I think most of it is there storys and knowledge of what is scary. Even the remakes of the Asian Films are scary, even if not complete Asian casted.

How about you go and buy Ju On or the Grudge, and watch it at midnight, by yourself, and tell me that movie doesn't scare you, more than anything else you have ever seen from an american film maker? Oh, and you can't name any movie that was a remake of a Japanese movie(Shutter, Uninvited, Ring, Mirrors, Dark Water, The Eye, One Missed Call, or Pulse)
I would like your opinion on a movie that is scarier than all of these? Cause i have yet to find one.

James Wan comes in 1st as scariest active american horror directer, but he is Chinese decent, but born Malaysian, so technically you could call his work Asian Horror.
I'm pretty sure he was just kidding
Old 08-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Hellraiser

Oh, well i am just saying.

But for real though, I would like to know of some scarier movies?!? I seriously can't find anything that scares me more than asian horror and their american remakes!

I just watched the 2009 make of Ju On Lady in White and Girl in Black. I am sure it is my favorite.

I am actually re-watching all of the ju-on's, which i found out there our 9 or them not including two original shorts.

Ju On The Curse 1 and 2-I watched Ju-On the Curse 1 last night, now i plan to watch the 2nd on netflix.

Then i will watch Ju On The Grudge 1 and 2.

Then The Grudge 1, 2 and 3- the ones with Sarah Geller.

Then i will re-watched the White Ghost/Black Ghost.