Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Horror Fan

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Will be interesting to see if Lee has the time and resources to revive NEW next year.
Friends, 3 months and counting, I am already hearing some whispers here and there to the effect that NEW radio is replenished and will be back for Halloween. Stay tuned as the rumour mill churns!

Old 08-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Cranky

No no no... NeverEndingWonder Radio is a great memory. Let's leave it at that. Please.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 PM
ventricle

MichaelMyer, you went and posted here, and got me reading Lee's webpages, checking out his artwork, listening to Welcome to Weirdsville, reading about Lee and the internet radio stream and Halloween tradition; and went and ruined a perfectly shallow and incorrect view I had of Neverending. You'd think after 44 yrs, I'd know better.

Sorry to hear about the 5/2012 catastrophic computer failure, and losing irreplaceable material. I know how that feels first hand, more times than I'd like. For me, starting in 2nd grade I started drawing Godzilla comics, simple original stories and monsters. By 5th grade I had a stack of 52 pages of monster comics and drawings. Then in 1980 we moved, and I had put them in a brown Jewel grocery bag, which I thought was mixed in with that haphazard pack-rat collection of boxes and bags in a 20x30 basement. I looked for my comics for years and never found them. Then in high school, had my warped "Grandma Killer" comics lost by a friend who borrowed them. Lost one of my favorite 4-track tapes on which I recorded my original electronica music compositions from 15 yrs back. Then last week I bought a 8-track player from the Thrift store to play a 25 yr old 8-track of a very rare folk group, to finally record digitally, and discovered it's missing.

Seems God, or whatever else, takes these things from us from time-to-time. Could be the outerspace beings like our material so much they take it. Maybe it's just our field has to be tilled from time-to-time for us to look at new things, discover new perspectives, become a part of new things, and start creating new material and venues.

I think many of us need some new NeverendingWonder magic to share.

I have some original 'scary' electronic music I recorded. And for my radio show I sound engineered some sequences using the Halloween theme, King Kong and Godzilla clips and music, and mixed in many Godzilla film sound clips into the Blue Oyster Cult song Godzilla. In time for Halloween, I need to create a horror film show for my show. And it's got to be good, and it's going to take a lot of work. I have some original material I'd love to contribute.

I bet many of our HDC group has material (digital) we could send you that you could create a "NeverendingWonder HDC Friends" show that you could broadcast Halloween! These days most of us have a PC mic and free sound recording programs (I could give simple instructions for anyone who needs it). For those interested we could all record a short Halloween message sound clip (Wave or MP3) -- just a 'hello' from (use your HDC name), maybe in a scary voice, or tell your favorite ghost story, or tell a favorite Halloween recollection, submit a scary song, offer some Halloween requests, and the like.

We have the perfect amount of time to put this together. Anybody down for this? I think this would be a blast! What do you say, Lee?

Last edited by Sculpt; 08-03-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Cranky

I don't even have a mic any more, nor a computer capable of doing audio work nor streaming.

I say it's a great project for somebody else to to spearhead- perhaps yourself! Many members of this forum did indeed record Halloween greetings. but they were all lost in the big crash.

The last Halloween Extravaganza I even had people write Halloween news items- events from horror films reported as if they were news. There were some great ones!

These days my time is taken up writing (see books forum for my latest announcement) and looking for work. This last is becoming quite urgent. I simply don't have the time nor resources - either monetarily or technologically- to put into more broadcasts.

On top of that- NeverEndingWonder was something I put eleven years of my life into. It drew upon a lifetime of audio collecting, specializing in the odd, unusual, rare, hard to find, off the wwall, off beat and downright bizarre offerings. Without exaggeration, I can honestly say there was nothing else like it in existence. The Halloween Extravaganzas were listened to by hundreds of people every year. Having done that, I just don't want to do anything less than that. And I can't. So, I'd rather remember that part of my life with fondness and leave it at that.

I really appreciate your kind words, and the time you took to check out my websites.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Banned

Not to pour salt in your wounds, Sculpt......but you missed out on a very special time here at HDC. NEW radio was a big part of this forum...not just on Halloween but for many other things we had going. It would never be quite the same without Lee's personality behind it. Not to mention the forum itself....it use to be teeming with activity....he'll it was more like a chat room. Blame Facebook and tweeter I guess.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:38 AM
ventricle

Yes, I am sorry I missed a lot of that stuff. Sorry you're without the technology, funds and time for a new Halloween show. (I'm looking for a job myself.) Maybe things may change a lot between now and Halloween. I do a weekly 2 hr radio show, called Headphone Trips, every Friday evening (Saturday 12-2AM) at our community radio station WDBX, which has a live stream (WDBX.org). And I also have been running sound for the last couple plays preformed by our local community playhouse (The Stage Company). I definitely have the tech (recording equipment & PC programs) to put a HDC Friends Halloween Show together. I don't have my own live internet stream, of course. If we put something together, is that something you could put on the Welcome to Weirdsville internet radio stream, Lee? Or what might you suggest?

Last edited by Sculpt; 08-03-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Cranky

Welcome to Weirdsville is an orphan station. It's a bunch of mp3 files uploaded to a remote server set on shuffle. I haven't paid for it in years, and don't possess the ability to login, upload or delete files, or modify it in any way. It's only due to the streamhost's lack of oversight that it remains on the air at all.

Perhaps doing a podcast would be easier to put together. Never done one myself- fortunato and Ferox are the resident experts in that area.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yes, I am sorry I missed a lot of that stuff. Sorry you're without the technology, funds and time for a new Halloween show. (I'm looking for a job myself.) Maybe things may change a lot between now and Halloween. I do a weekly 2 hr radio show, called Headphone Trips, every Friday evening (Saturday 12-2AM) at our community radio station WDBX, which has a live stream (WDBX.org). And I also have been running sound for the last couple plays preformed by our local community playhouse (The Stage Company). I definitely have the tech (recording equipment & PC programs) to put a HDC Friends Halloween Show together. I don't have my own live internet stream, of course. If we put something together, is that something you could put on the Welcome to Weirdsville internet radio stream, Lee? Or what might you suggest?
Yes--the torch may very well be passed now to a new generation. PM fortunato and Ferox if you think the podcast route is a good one. I am happy to do what I can as well.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:35 PM
mostly ghostly?

Yeah, I try to do my small part every year with a Hallowe'en/horror music podcast. I'll be putting two more playlists together for this upcoming season.

http://weirdomaticwax.podomatic.com/
Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Cranky

Hey fortunato- great to see you here! Drop by more often!