Old 07-03-2018, 02:27 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie-1974.

One of the best zombie flicks I've seen in awhile.
Have to agree. Loved the unique take on how the dead were brought back to life.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:13 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE SEVERED ARM (1973). A group of friends go spelunking and have to resort to drastic measures for survival after a cave in and then the Karmic effects afterwards. Obviously low budget (with many of the interiors having a Motel 6 vibe) with a too languid pace, there are a few genuinely frightening moments, a creepy synth score and a pretty damn fine ending.
Cast includes Deborah Walley (many AIP Beach movies, believe this was her last film), Paul Carr (TV Star Trek, THE BAT PEOPLE), John Crawford (TV Star Trek, THE ENFORCER) and Marvin Kaplan (who did some writing for THE ADDAMS FAMILY). ***
That's one of the first "modern" horror films I ever saw on TV as a kid. It was pretty memorable. Showing the film was fairly odd for the time, where stations' horror shows usually stuck to American b/w horror classics, Hammer horror or Japanese Kaiju.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:26 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I haven't exactly watched this lately but I was just remembering how much I liked the original Pumpkinhead (I hope I didn't list it already).

It was a really dark movie and the special effects for the monster were amazing. I also liked the evil old witch who brought the monster to life after bargaining with the guy who wanted revenge for his son's death, and basically ended up selling his soul to Hell in the process.

I wonder where the movie was set? It kind of reminded me of the mountains up in North Georgia but I'm not sure. I know I definitely detected a southern accent in the characters.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:51 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I haven't exactly watched this lately but I was just remembering how much I liked the original Pumpkinhead (I hope I didn't list it already).

It was a really dark movie and the special effects for the monster were amazing. I also liked the evil old witch who brought the monster to life after bargaining with the guy who wanted revenge for his son's death, and basically ended up selling his soul to Hell in the process.

I wonder where the movie was set? It kind of reminded me of the mountains up in North Georgia but I'm not sure. I know I definitely detected a southern accent in the characters.
I plan on re-seeing Pumpkinhead at some point. I remember seeing it on HBO long ago, and there was something(s) about the film that irked me. I remember admiring the effects, cinematography and general premise, but otherwise found it lacking.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:55 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post

Loved this movie.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:09 PM
病気の

In The Company of Wolves, 1985. 7,5/10

Old 07-07-2018, 04:27 AM
病気の

Tenebre, 1982.10/10

Phenomena, 1985. 8/10

Old 07-07-2018, 05:32 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Tenebre, 1982.10/10

Phenomena, 1985. 8/10

Phenomena was beautiful.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:01 PM
This is a test

THE WRAITH 1986

HECK YESSSS, I LOVE THIS MOVIE.

A gang of town baddies are killed off one by one by a mysterious stranger in a death car. All to a bitchin' soundtrack...
Old 07-10-2018, 02:18 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
In a little-known horror film magazine of the 1970s called Castle of Frankenstein, there was an amusing review of Vampire Circus. Let me see what I can remember...

"The vampire in this movie, Emil, has all the grace and poise of a rock-n-roll speed-freak drop-out. He has various powers, can change into a tiger, wolf, etc., but can't change his clothes."
I remember that! And think I still have the issue in question, pretty sure it was
#21 with the Ymir on the cover. There were a plethora other Hammers being reviewed as well like TWINS OF EVIL, HANDS OF THE RIPPER, COUNTESS DRACULA etc