Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-25-2008, 02:38 PM
slasherbabe

be an executive producer on a Full Moon film

yeah, this dude I used to work with sent me this link:
http://www.fullmoondirect.com/index.html

CHarles Brand and the Full Moon guys are making another Ginger Dead Man movie, which for those of you who aren't up to date on your no-budget cheese fests, is a series about a serial killer who is executed and comes back to life as a giant, murderous (but very tasty) gingerbread cookie. The scariest part? Gary Busey plays the Ginger Dead Man.

so they're making #3 now, and apparently if you spend more than $120 on their website, they'll actually credit you as an executive producer on the movie and on IMDB, which is pretty cool, sorta like being a patron of the underfunded indie horror crowd. I might do it, buy all my friends Puppet Master dolls and save them for Christmas :)
Old 08-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Can you dig it ?

ummmm didn't we just go through this "buy your name into a film" nonsense a few weeks ago ? Charles Band has plenty of money and I honestly have to say 'Gingerdead Man' was one of the worst horror films I've ever seen in my life. It was padded like crazy to get a longer running time (9 minutes alone on closing credits) and when I'm yelling at the tv "You're in a bakery ! Just walk out the damn door already !" for what seemed like forever, a character finally suggests the same. The reply to the obvious suggestion ? "No, we can't ! We have to stick together !". What the hell ? The two of them couldn't stick together as they walk ACROSS THE ROOM OUT THE FRONT DOOR ! ugh ! Painful.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned

How about if I spend $150.....can I direct the movie.....or better yet...make me the main actor....who gets the chick in the end.

yeah.....I can see it now

The GingerDead Man 2...starring newb....and Gary Busey.

final scene:

newb: [lifts shotgun and aims at the Gingerdead Man] "Eat ME, you cookie type monster" [BLAM..BLAM....Gingerdead Man crumbles and falls into a huge glass of milk]

Very attractive leading lady with big boobies: "Oh newb....you're my hero....take me now...right here." [she rips off her top ]

credits roll:
Old 08-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Can you dig it ?

Sorry, newb, but that shows waaaaaaaaaaay too much creativity for this franchise :D