Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to goldenwarrior
What Genre would you put 28 Days Later in?

Hi, I am having a bit of a debate at RH What genre would you put 28 days later?

The poll is here I appreciate anyone who would like the vote it seems the majority doesn't think it should be in the zombie genre.
28 days later horror genre poll

My explanation here
Quote:
I know I get your point.

But in my mind it just reminds me of modern day zombies if you will, like that of the remake of Dawn of the dead, and your right technically the infected are not undead zombies, but living humans driven insane by a virus. There also very fast and agile and crazy with rage.

They can die more easily to, by starvation or lack of water,you don't have to shoot them in the head.

But come on some of the Vampire movies out there have bent the rules to, wearing sun block to protect them from the sun was kind of lame to me.

28 Days Later belongs in the zombie genre for now unless you want to make a whole another genre for alive zombies... lol was that a oxymoron

Here are some reviews I ran across on the web, I really couldn't find one that said they were not a zombie movie or somewhat related to it.
juicy
Comingsoon.net
New York Times

Pus, Drac,me and the 2 Zombie twins ;) have a discussion about this in this thread here
Old 04-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Evil Puppy

I'd say as far as the main genre you'd have to classify it as horror and sub-genre it as a thriller maybe. Checked Netflix just for the hell of it and they have it in horror, doesn't really mean much though. I personally don't put much stock in genres because I like a lot of films that transcend them and I really don't feel the need to label a movie. You could call it a pseudo-zombie film but that's simply a sub genre of horror in itself. People being overcome with rage and killing others mercilessly is pretty horrific whether they are "zombies" or not. I liked 28 Days Later, not as much as I thought I would because of the hype and even for different reasons; but I did enjoy it.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Evil Dead

I dunno.... maybe as an action/horror type?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to persuasian70
I would still put it in the genre of a zombie movie. Although the person might not be medically dead, the person that they once were is no more. So I would consider that person to be dead, maybe not in a literal sense, but he/she is driven by something not human.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Banned

horror
Old 04-05-2006, 04:45 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Horror / Sci fi, like resident evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 04-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Banned

Re: What Genre would you put 28 Days Later in?

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenwarrior
[B]Hi, I am having a bit of a debate at RH What genre would you put 28 days later?

i might add though .. it seems like an unnessessary debate .. hardly worth the effort.

i catagorize things for the sake of simplicity - being able to find it in my collection ... Other people do it for other reasons - reference books .. etc..

but as far as i'm concerned it's something you do in your subconcious in a way that seems fit to you based on whatever little criteria is floating around your braincase.

so my arguement really is : 'for my purposes - i stick it under horror .. because it's shot like a horror film despite the fact that the people arent technically dead - therefore not zombies - whoop de doo."

"i put it there.. maybe you do or dont .. it's not affecting my world in the slightest'

end of debate.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Some sort of shouty cat

Send a message via MSN to Abominus
Romantic Comedy! Come on women love those witty Brits in uniform.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Banned

Re: What Genre would you put 28 Days Later in?

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenwarrior
a bit of a debate at RH What genre would you put 28 days later?

Pus, Drac,me and the 2 Zombie twins ;) have a discussion about this in this
if pus is involved then WPAM must have been mentioned.....

....he loves his WPAM :p
Old 04-05-2006, 11:35 AM

its the same genre as Mutant ..I guess you can call it a crossover.....IMDB has 28 Days Later listed as.... Genre: Horror / Sci-Fi / Thriller