Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Henry Rollins wrote me!!

Okay, I know some of you will be like "Oh big fucking deal. Rollins sucks". Whatever. but I respect him.

I wrote him a email about the Fugazi DVD last month and he fucking wrote me back!

"Kevin. Ian MacKaye and I are best friends. We grew up together. I have known him for about 32 years now. I watched different versions of Instrument for years.They busted their asses on that one. So great. Also, one of the greatest live bands of all time. They have been remastering the Fugazi catalog lately and the new version of Repeater is insanely better. Huge sounding. Thanks for the letter and I'm sorry it took me this long to get back to you. Check Ian's new thing The Evens, really good. I saw them two weeks ago in DC for the 3rd time and they get better and better. Thanks. Henry"

All I can say is when has a great/famous/original punk ever wrote you? I know. big deal... but it is for me

Last edited by Deposable; 07-18-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Misanthrope

That's pretty cool. Why were you emailing him about the Fugazi DVD?
Old 07-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
That's pretty cool. Why were you emailing him about the Fugazi DVD?
He has a show on the IFC Channel where he reviews indie movies. He said "Write me if you wanna know about any movies I haven't reviewed on air" and the rest is histroy.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:48 AM
Misanthrope

I used to love a lot of the Rollins Band's stuff especially the albums Hard Volume and Weight. I didn't really dig him in Black Flag..... prefered the older singers especially Keith Morris. But yeh it would've been rad to get something in the mail from one of your idols.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:07 AM
Waste Disposer

rollins is cool

I think it's great for you to get a reply.
Back in the day,I wrote him when he was working on 2.13.61 (his book co.) and he wrote me a handwritten note.(not anything important,just something about one of my orders) I was really impressed. I had the opportunity to hear him Before and After a spoken word tour he did in Va Bch and to be honest-he wasn't very pleasent with people. His on-camera personality is thumbs up and he does care about fans,so-who cares?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:26 AM
Banned

thats a huge cool deal.

closest i came was having casper van diem reply : 'funny post' - on IMDB to my 'Modern Vampires' comment :D
Old 07-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Death by sexy

Send a message via MSN to Marroe Send a message via Yahoo to Marroe
Re: Henry Rollins wrote me!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Deposable
Okay, I know some of you will be like "Oh big fucking deal. Rollins sucks". Whatever. but I respect him.

I wrote him a email about the Fugazi DVD last month and he fucking wrote me back!

"Kevin. Ian MacKaye and I are best friends. We grew up together. I have known him for about 32 years now. I watched different versions of Instrument for years.They busted their asses on that one. So great. Also, one of the greatest live bands of all time. They have been remastering the Fugazi catalog lately and the new version of Repeater is insanely better. Huge sounding. Thanks for the letter and I'm sorry it took me this long to get back to you. Check Ian's new thing The Evens, really good. I saw them two weeks ago in DC for the 3rd time and they get better and better. Thanks. Henry"

All I can say is when has a great/famous/original punk ever wrote you? I know. big deal... but it is for me
Oh I bet you hadda orgasm when you read that.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Re: Re: Henry Rollins wrote me!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Marroe
Oh I bet you hadda orgasm when you read that.
Hahaha, I had two. Are you jealous ? Don't be mad because Danzig won't reply too your naked pictures email.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:32 AM
Death by sexy

Send a message via MSN to Marroe Send a message via Yahoo to Marroe
Re: Re: Re: Henry Rollins wrote me!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Deposable
Hahaha, I had two. Are you jealous ? Don't be mad because Danzig won't reply too your naked pictures email.
Danzig?? Eh? C'mon now, if I was gonna send anyone naked pics they'd be WAY better than Danzig.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:21 AM
The Dork Knight

That's cool as hell to have someone you look up to send you something...

If I ever got an e-mail from Clint Eastwood(amoung others) I'd go nuts.