Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2006, 02:36 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloader View Post
I read them all and I'd say the ones that stand out for me are the Shning, Misery and Desperation.
Managed to watch Desperation on DVD. Has to be one of the better adaptations, quite faithful to the book. However, the pace of the movie was slow. Somehow, something always gets lost in translation. The terror implied by cop Collie just did not come off on screen. Not sure how those who havent read the book will find it tho? Any comments on this

Verdict: The book's still the better read.

Also. the new Lisey's Story is out on shelves last week. Anyone get a copy yet?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Hellraiser

I'm a King fan, I used to take the massive ones like The Stand into sixth-form college to keep me going when I was stuck there and had 5 hour gaps between lessons! I find them more entertaining than scary, with the possible exception of The Shining which creeped me out more than the film with those topiary animals, and reading more about the history of the Overlook was interesting. I also rate IT, Christine, Salem's Lot, Misery, loads of others and also all the ones set in Castle Rock eg Needful Things (which was even better imo because of the crossovers with Stand By Me/The Body).
Old 11-19-2006, 04:17 PM
TWILIGHTEYES

Fav Stephen King Book

Im A Stephen King Fan Just Read Hes Newest Book Cell. It Was Pretty Good. But My Favs Are, It, The Shining, Pet Sematary, Short Story Of Jeruselems Lot, Ive Also Read Christine And Carrie, The Dark Half,the Eye Of The Dragon That One Was A Fantasy Base Line ,salems Lot.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Evil Dead

I agree with Noctuary about King, but The Reapers Image is a masterpiece of a short tale...