Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Announcements

Old 03-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Spring cleaning and other things

Doing a little refurbishing around the forums. Mostly fine tuning the Top 100's (adding new pics, etc.)

Please point out anything that needs a bit of a touch up, or any suggestions.

Thanks,
-Flayed
Old 03-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Whip In My Valise

I was dead serious about that "Guide To Not Being An Asshat" post (maybe put in slightly nicer terms). I think if something was put up in the new members section as a gentle guide on what to expect and things that are frowned upon would be extremely helpful and save a lot of time and grief for everyone.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Done .
Old 03-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Whip In My Valise

Wow, that was quick. I thank you.:)
Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
I have a suggestion. Horror is closely related to science fiction and fantasy and allot of horror fans is also science fiction and fantasy fans as well, in addition the genres do bleed into one another at times with fantasy with horror elements for example or horrors which are science fiction. I suggest a science fiction and fantasy forum on this place where members can discuss fantasy and science fiction books, movies, games and so on. Basically speculative fiction which is not exactly horror but who might still appeal to horror fans.
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM

As much as I'd like to be able to change the layout of this place, that power is Horrors and Horrors alone. Since he hardly ever pays attention to the forums, the likelihood of anything changing with the layout is very slim.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
Ok, just one question about that, what would be the best place to discuss for example science fiction on the forum? The general forum perhaps?
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 03-24-2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookZombie View Post
Ok, just one question about that, what would be the best place to discuss for example science fiction on the forum? The general forum perhaps?
Discuss it anywhere you want, as long as it's relevant to the forum you post in. For example, if you want to discuss Dune, post it in the Modern Horror section. If you want to discuss Metropolis, post it in the Classic section, and so forth.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:22 AM

Thank you for the information, I will keep it in mind and try to post in the right subforums. :)
Old 03-24-2011, 05:39 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
As much as I'd like to be able to change the layout of this place, that power is Horrors and Horrors alone. Since he hardly ever pays attention to the forums, the likelihood of anything changing with the layout is very slim.
Horrors? Is this the boss of HDC?