Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-24-2012, 04:46 AM
Scares Little Kids

Tainted Fate - unveiling of my horror game

Hello lovely people of the horror.com forums, I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now, so I decided to show you my indie horror game, Tainted Fate.

Tainted Fate is a horror adventure game played with two protagonists with original gameplay features.
Main site: http://taintedfate.blogspot.com/

PreAlpha video:

If you like what you see and would like to support the development of the game, I've got a funding campaign going at: http://www.indiegogo.com/taintedfate
If you can't contribute, at least share the campaign on google+, facebook and other sites as much as you can.

Screenshots:

For bigger screenshots head to the main site: http://taintedfate.blogspot.com/

Features:.

Played in first person, it immerses you into a dynamic story that depends on your decisions featuring two protagonists in different timelines on the same island.
Escape horrifying monsters, solve puzzles and make decisions that will alter yourself and the shape of the world.

Story:

The first storyline set in the 1940's follows a man convicted of murder and sent off to the island for the rest of his life. Soon after being dropped off, strange things start to happen as you explore the island, later developing into a story full of mystery, arcane magic twisted with technology and terrifying hostile beings.
The second storyline is set in 2012 and features a young female amateur filmmaker that investigates sites with supposed paranormal activity. Upon hearing about the long abandoned island filled with stories about magic and ghosts, she immediately leaves for the island to film the most terrifying film of her life.

Graphics:

Tainted Fate is being developed in NeoAxis engine (which in turn uses Ogre as the graphics engine) and uses the latest effects like Depth Of Field, SSAO, FXAA and Light Scattering to create an immersive and atmospheric world for you to plunge into.

That's it for now. Cheers!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:18 AM
Scares Little Kids

Just wanted you all to know the Indiegog funding campaign for Tainted Fate failed :(

But I'm not giving up. I'll make a new one tonight and I'll ask for 1500$ (that's half of what I asked for originally and can barely cover what I need for development). I will also opt for flexible funding (Indiegogo takes a bigger percentage from what I get, but I get the money even if I don't reach the goal).

If I don't get that money, the game won't be as good as I envisioned it, but I'll develop it regardless and make it as good as I can, even with the resources I have now.

I'll inform you all and throw a link to the new campaign tonight.
Cheers!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Scares Little Kids

New funding campaign started! If you'd like to contribute, follow the link: http://www.indiegogo.com/TaintedFateFunding
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Horror Fan

Will chip in the $500, but also want to host the debut party.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:30 AM
Scares Little Kids

You have just become the host of the debut party :D
Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Scares Little Kids

New pre alpha demo ready for your downloading and playing pleasure:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/tainted...phatechdemo-v2
Old 02-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Scares Little Kids

Just wanted you all to know that Indiegogo fucked me over and returned every contribution made to my Tainted Fate campaign two days after somebody would contribute. I would have made 1240$ if all had gone as it was supposed to, but instead I made 60$.
Indiegogo blamed PayPal and said they're returning the money, PayPal blamed Indiegogo and said there's an error in their system.
So that's that, I won't be using Indiegogo in this lifetime anymore.
I'm still not giving up and am looking for potential people from the US or the UK that could make a funding campaign for me on Kickstarter without screwing me over. God knows I've had enough of that.
Cheers people and may the development continue!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 AM
whatever gets you through

tough luck dude- keep fighting
Old 05-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Scares Little Kids

I apologise for resurrecting an old topic, still better than making a new one every two months when I have news :D
Tainted Fate is coming along as planned and the further I'm getting in development, the better the game seems, which in turn gives me more motivation.
Anyway, I was on TV talking about how I make games and stuff, so if anyone's interested in watching, here: http://youtu.be/0Km4oT7CKTQ
It's in Croatian, but I put in english subtitles.
They also did a 20 minute interview, but that takes a lot of time to subtitle, so I'll put that on youtube another time.
Cheers!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Scares Little Kids

Greets people. Here's an update to what's been going on with the development of Tainted Fate, so if anyone's interested:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/tainted...getting-better

In short I acquired the domain www.misfitvillage.com and put tainted fate's blog\website there, you can also contact me at [email protected] now.
As for the game: dynamic objects now make sounds when they fall and come in contact with stuff, I made a hand model to hold the lantern, a million other things I can't remember right now. There will probably be a new pre-alpha\tech demo soon if I can find a programmer who is willing to work with me for free until the game comes out (I "fired" the last one because he didn't do almost anything in four months). Peace out!