Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies

Old 06-27-2008, 03:54 AM
For Vendetta

June 25, 2008

Sigourney Weaver recently clarified her position regarding rumors of her on and off character-casting as Ellen Ripley in Alien 5.

"I am definitely against it," Weaver explained. "I had said earlier that Fox has effectively killed the plausability of 'Alien 5' because of ‘Alien vs. Predator' and it's ridiculous sequel. Let Ripley rest."

James Cameron is still unavailable for comment.

Fox studio executives are scheduled to have a meeting within the next few days to decide on whether to pursue Cameron, or give the green light to the possibility of AvP 3 to the Strause brothers.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:32 AM
HDC Resident Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
June 25, 2008

Sigourney Weaver recently clarified her position regarding rumors of her on and off character-casting as Ellen Ripley in Alien 5.

"I am definitely against it," Weaver explained. "I had said earlier that Fox has effectively killed the plausability of 'Alien 5' because of ‘Alien vs. Predator' and it's ridiculous sequel. Let Ripley rest."
It's for the best....this movie will be a disaster. ;)
Old 06-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Scares Little Kids

it is good news

it's good news that they might make another aliens film, but i dissagree that requiem leaves a bad taste as i enjoyed it, only thing it was missing was pulse rifles and colonial marines. lets not forget how crap alien 3 was though, i felt so let down with that one.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:53 AM
Fear scented candle

Alien 3 was disappointing because of the content (Newt and Hicks dead fromn the get-go, ripley dies), but the movie itself was great. it was dark and moody, and recaptured a lot of the personal paranoia of the original.

Plus, David Fincher was at the helm of that one. WHo doesnt want to see "Alien Fight Club"?
Old 07-02-2008, 06:14 AM
For Vendetta

July 1, 2008

Fox executives met over the weekend and the special guests invited to attend the prestigious meeting were, you guessed it, the Strause Brothers.

In a move to apparently discuss the possibility of a 3rd AvP movie in the works, Colin and Greg Strause made presentations of their ideas and concept to Fox, who were reported to be suitably impressed. Final negotiations are expected to be concluded this weekend.

James Cameron, who is busy with post-production work of his latest sci-fi epic, Avatar, has been unavailable for any sort of comment the past week.

As things stand right now, audiences might definitely be seeing the second sequel to the AvP franchise by 2010, rather than the mouth-watering possibility of Alien 5.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Infection Form

Quote:
As things stand right now, audiences might definitely be seeing the second sequel to the AvP franchise by 2010, rather than the mouth-watering possibility of Alien 5.
son of a....
Old 07-05-2008, 06:36 AM
For Vendetta

July 4, 2008

Sigouney Weaver is still very much interested in returning as Alien heroine Ellen Ripley if 20th Century Fox would ever consider doing an Alien 5.

"I would definitely do another if I had a director like Ridley Scott and we had a good idea," she says of the classic sci-fi movie franchise. "Ridley is enthusiastic about it."

Weaver - who first played Ripley in 1979 at the age of 30 before going on to star in Aliens (1986), Alien 3 (1992) and Alien: Resurrection (1997) - says if sixty-somethings such as Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones) and Sylvester Stallone (Rocky, Rambo) can do it, so can she.

“I’m not going to start apologising,” she says of her age in next month’s Saga magazine. “Sophia Loren is my inspiration. She is a woman who has never apologised for being herself.”

Is Fox listening?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to BloodRedFlower
Quote:
July 4, 2008

Sigouney Weaver is still very much interested in returning as Alien heroine Ellen Ripley if 20th Century Fox would ever consider doing an Alien 5.

"I would definitely do another if I had a director like Ridley Scott and we had a good idea," she says of the classic sci-fi movie franchise. "Ridley is enthusiastic about it."
Huh? What happened to "Let Ripley rest?" I thought she didn't want the part.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Evil Dead

I'd be all over this, if it comes out. I agree with Weaver, why not?

Should be interesting to see if this ever happens.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Hellraiser

I'm a huge fan of Alien, and well...I really wouldn't mind (I'd actually like it if Ridley Scott came back) but here's the thing with me: Remember HR Giger? Father of the Alien?? He had to fight in the last two films to get what he deserved, and as a huge fan of his work, I want him to get the credit he deserves; with Ridley, I pretty sure he'd get it. Fox has been horrible to him.

Personally, why can't they get someone else? Do what Halloween did to Laurie Strode you know? Create a new character