Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSadistro View Post
ugh ! Please don't make me go through them all now for references (knee deep in editing at the moment for a filmfest deadline). I remember for sure at some point it was stated "Freddy loves children, especially little girls" and it was definitely not a warm meaning. More like a creepy Michael Jackson thing. Part of the problem with franchises like 'Elm Street' and 'Halloween' is they continually decide to go in different directions at some point and viewers are "not supposed to count" this movie or that in the sequels because it doesn't fit the current movie being released (ala the return of Jamie Lee Curtis after she was "dead" for a few installments). Just another typical way to insult your intelligence by the studios in search of more money :rolleyes:
CK
You're referring to Freddy vs Jason. And they could have just meant he enjoyed killing the little girls more than the boys.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSadistro View Post
ugh ! Please don't make me go through them all now for references (knee deep in editing at the moment for a filmfest deadline). I remember for sure at some point it was stated "Freddy loves children, especially little girls" and it was definitely not a warm meaning. More like a creepy Michael Jackson thing. Part of the problem with franchises like 'Elm Street' and 'Halloween' is they continually decide to go in different directions at some point and viewers are "not supposed to count" this movie or that in the sequels because it doesn't fit the current movie being released (ala the return of Jamie Lee Curtis after she was "dead" for a few installments). Just another typical way to insult your intelligence by the studios in search of more money :rolleyes:
CK
That's still not a direct quote to say "molester". As Massacre Man said, he could simply enjoy killing girls, more so than boys.

Kind of like in a lot of the other movies that involve people getting killed. Look at High Tension. It wasn't a rape and molest. It was a drive to kill women. Same thing could be done with A Nightmare On Elm Street.

As far as Halloween, after the 3rd one, they were really strange, and partially, didn't make sense. The Nightmare On Elm Street followed fairly close to it's roots, throughout the entire franchise.

Freddy Vs. Jason, in my opinion, does not count as one of the Nightmare On Elm Street series films. It's closer to a Friday The 13th. And come on, if you're going to say that, Freddy Vs. Jason counts, how about Freddy Vs. The Ghostbusters? Or Freddy Vs. Jay and Silent Bob? It's not really much to the series. It didn't add anything, and didn't have a whole lot of reference to the original films stories. It's more like a spin-off. Kind of like a lot of the old TV Shows, that used the same characters, but nothing to do with another shows story and script.

That would be like saying, Nosferatu wasn't a scary, evil kind of vampire, because Bela Lugosi as Dracula, was a more warm-hearted, gentleman type. It's the original that is what counts. Not what someone says down the line. If that was the case, everyone would be in court, every weekend, filing something about someone that they lost the day before. It would be an ongoing battle that would never cease.

I think the only reason they added the "Freddy likes little girls", part to the script, was to put something in there, relating to today's society. He didn't start off as a molester, and he still isn't. It's never been stated that he is.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Can you dig it ?

It was the way it was said that implies it and to me that made Freddy much more darker and sinister, esp after some sequels that made him a wise-cracking character. People seem to have forgotten that he was a child killer to begin with (and maybe/ maybe not a child molester as we are debating). There is something wrong when the audience was later rooting for him to kill uppity teens for a bigger, better body count to hear one liners. The original was bad ass since it didn't pander to that nonsense and I feel that is why it is a classic.
I somehow missed 'Freddy vs Jay and Silent Bob'. I'm guessing this wasn't considered a part of the franchise like the 'Halloween' movies we were later supposed to ignore since they didn't fit the timeline (or the fact that Jamie Lee returning to the series would bring back fans en masse).
Bottom line is there is nothing wrong with the original 'Elm St' movie (except the ending in my opinion). Remake something that tanked, wasn't scary, and would actually be better off remade if studios insist on this trend. They're already working their way from the top of the list down so no surprise if it gets to that. I guess they start remaking the remakes next that didn't bring in top dollar the first time around (ala 'Black Christmas', 'The Omen', 'When A Stranger Calls'). You have to wonder what the executives ever watch in their spare time to greenlight these messes and seriously think it's a good idea for anyone.
CK
Old 07-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Infection Form

my opinion on remakes has changed a bit.....I feel isolated in that I appreciate all these older horror films and everyone who looks at my DVD collection is like "whaaat?" so remakes, as long as they do the movie some justice, bring in a new audience.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Waste Disposer

He killed teenagers.....like we need alot of them around?:D
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
He killed teenagers.....like we need alot of them around?:D
The was uncalled for. :(
Old 07-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
The was uncalled for. :(
No, no...the OTHER teenagers;)
Old 07-25-2008, 09:35 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
No, no...the OTHER teenagers;)
Ouch. :(
Old 07-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Ahhh, nuts to you Ferretchucker!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Evil Dead

If Englund doesn't play the part of Freddy, I'll be passing on this shit.