Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
anyone remember?

anyone remember the show "Monsters"? It was Tales from the Darkside anthology-type show in the 80s. It was more fantastic than Tales, but still ok. Also, does anyone remember a short-lived show called Eerie, Indiana? It was great!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I remember them both. Monsters was cool. My favorite episode had Wil Wheaton and Matt Leblanc in it.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:56 AM
willows mommy

i remeber both of those shows. not a fan of errie indiand though but i loved monters. i would wathc it when sci fi used to show it. its to bad its not on tv any more but i have found it on video to rent at a local video store

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)
Old 01-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Banned

hey, yeah. Remember when Sci-Fi showed all these shows? Coincidentally, this was also back when they showed GOOD shows, and anime on Saturdays.

Side complaint: It's fucking annoying when people pronounce it "Annymay", because it sounds more Japanese. It's all well and good in theory, but it's NOT A FUCKING JAPANESE WORD!
Old 01-21-2004, 07:27 PM
willows mommy

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
hey, yeah. Remember when Sci-Fi showed all these shows? Coincidentally, this was also back when they showed GOOD shows, and anime on Saturdays.

Side complaint: It's fucking annoying when people pronounce it "Annymay", because it sounds more Japanese. It's all well and good in theory, but it's NOT A FUCKING JAPANESE WORD!
i remeber that. those were the good old days. now the only thing i watch on sci fi is movies, the tuesday declassified and if they show tv shows that were on other stationslike hercules, x files. i really miss the show sightings

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)
Old 01-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Hellraiser

Ah those were the days!Monsters,Tales from the darkside,anime on the weekends,hell they rarely show any horror movies anymore.Now its all about fucking stargate sg1 and goddamn scare tactics!:mad: wtf happened to that channel?I used to watch ronin warriors in the morning.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:41 PM
willows mommy

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman
Ah those were the days!Monsters,Tales from the darkside,anime on the weekends,hell they rarely show any horror movies anymore.Now its all about fucking stargate sg1 and goddamn scare tactics!:mad: wtf happened to that channel?I used to watch ronin warriors in the morning.
yeah i don't like scare tatics or sg1. i also don't like tremors the series. but then i didn't really like the movie tremors either. i want the old sci fi channel back

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Old 01-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Fear scented candle

What happened to sci-fi? They cancelled Farscape and funneled all of the funds from that into shitty tv shows based off of movies (tremors and stargate) and their lame-ass original movies.

Sabertooth? What the fuck was that?

Anyone see the movie they did a couple of years ago where the world was all women and one man was left? That was cool.

What I miss is the old days with Comedy central episodes of MST3k, cheesy old horror movie sundays with both alligator movies (and maybe critters). Those cool commercials with the eye turning into the scifi logo, or the "real videos" commercials for sci-fi.com with people being attacked by bbugs or videotaping ufos...
Sci-fi is a victim of it's own success. What they did with Farscape is basically what Comedy Central would have done if they cancelled Southpark halfway through it's fourth season because it was expensive, and used the money from that to make a bunch of lame-ass movies and maintain "Ishtar: the series " and Police Academy, PA1.....
Old 01-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Banned

Stargate wasn't originally a Sci-Fi show. I don't think it is now, either, I'm pretty sure they just show re-runs of wherever else it's shown
Old 01-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Fear scented candle

nah, it was a fox show to begin with, but sci-fi produces it now. they did the same thing with sliders years ago. They take dying sci-fi shows and inject a shitty new life into them.