Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Living Dead

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, North America, Gaia (Planet Earth), Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse
Send a message via MSN to mlauzon
Quote:
Originally posted by HappyCamper
this isn't a tutorial, but it has lots of scripts. Reading lots and lots of scripts will help you see how they are written.

script-o-rama

I'll check it out. I was told to check this site out, from another place I posted my question:

Screenwriter's Utopia

I've signed up to post there, does anyone else know about this site?
Old 10-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Banned

Nope, but that doesn't mean much. Composition and editing have been my main contributions to indie horror films so far. I'm reformatting a few of my stories into actual working scripts at the moment though. Check your PM by the way, ml.
CK
Old 10-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Evil Dead

Lightbulb classes to help you!

I recomend taking some telcom classes. you will learn everything you need. such as editing, lighting, camera skills, sound, and script work. all the telcom skill go into movie work. you will be pointed in the write (haha play on words) direction. i took years of telcom just to make my zombie movie (which i lost all material in a horrible experience!). look into www.telcomcayuga.org that's a good cheap school that has everything you need. i know i didn't really answer your question, but for real telcom is the way to go! learn all skills and make the whole damn thing yourself and cut out the number of mouths to feed once you do get paid by industry for your work!

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 10-28-2004, 10:18 AM
spick

Screen Writing Application

Check out Celtx for a free, open source script writing and script breakdown application.

Cheers,

spick
Old 11-03-2004, 02:29 AM
tic. vers 5

Send a message via MSN to tic
if you search on the web for www.mindstarprods.com/ you'll find a free script writer, just click on the script editor and away you go.

you can download for free!

Last edited by tic; 11-04-2004 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Evil Dead

thanks.

thanks, but i couldn't gget the link to work! maybe my computer is not working right? i'll search the web for it. i wanted a free script writing prog. need something that deals with camera shots and timing. i just draw all that up in notebooks.

Old 11-04-2004, 07:57 AM
tic. vers 5

Send a message via MSN to tic
hello again,
i tried searching for mindstar (script writer) as well couldn't get it, BUT if you look at either my previous thread or contact www.mindstarprods.com/ this should bring you there. good luck with the writing.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:42 PM

LOL!!

LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU DIE!!
Old 11-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Evil Dead

Question thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by allmykids
LOL!!
huh??? i think i missed something...

oh! and thanks for the link...

Old 11-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Gern Branston

Best thing to get started is to read as many scripts online (or off) as you can; many writers have vastly different styles & there is no "right" way to write a screenplay (although there ARE many wong ways). Personally, Word works just fine for me; I'm just used to it & it isn't like the formatting is difficult. I'm sure the specific scriptwriting programs can be handy, but they're hardly essential...just start writing :)