Old 02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
No redeeming qualities

Tokyo Gore Police

Anyone seen "Tokyo Gore Police" yet? It looks like my kinda over the top gore fest.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
Oh man, my friend is currently holding the only copy I could find in town. I'm seriously excited to watch it, looks awesome!
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Evil Puppy

It's a blast, when I rented Machine Girl I was expecting this kind of flick (and was left a little disappointing even though I did like MG a lot). If you want a surreal, over the top gore fest this is your flick. The sfx don't come much cheaper though so if you're expecting realistic dismemberment you'll be let down. Tons of fake blood, stray body parts, and even a golden shower scene...
Old 02-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Evil Dead

I was also disapointed with Machine Girl, but it was worth a few really good death scenes.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 02-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Machine Girl kind of paled next to things like Female Yakuza and Terrifying Girl's High School.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Machine Girl kind of paled next to things like Female Yakuza and Terrifying Girl's High School.
I am suddenly so happy to have found this sight. Female Yakuza was awesome, I haven't Terrifying Girl's High School, but it's going on the list.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
No redeeming qualities

Quote:
Originally Posted by milktoaste View Post
I am suddenly so happy to have found this sight. Female Yakuza was awesome, I haven't Terrifying Girl's High School, but it's going on the list.
I enjoyed MG, but I haven't seen either of those two films so I have no comparison. I'll have to check them out.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Evil Dead

Just finished TGP, it was freakin' awesome! Hey Fugly, you're gonna like it.

Wrist cutters are so cute! Wrist cutters now come in three colors!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by milktoaste View Post
Just finished TGP, it was freakin' awesome! Hey Fugly, you're gonna like it.

Wrist cutters are so cute! Wrist cutters now come in three colors!
They even make the blood taste good!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:34 PM
HDC Idol

TGP was jaw-droppingly good. My boyfriend and I meandered into a screening of it in New York City (O! To live in New York City!) with absolutely no expectations and both of us were completely blown away. We made it a double-feature that night with TGP and then Feast II. Quite frankly, the well-done over-the-top and tongue-and-cheek splatterpunk in TGP really put Feast II to shame. It's obvious that its director and writer were LOVES of JA splatter - It's great to see someone do it right, have fun, and leave an impression on the horror genre.

There were scenes that SERIOUSLY made my jaw drop (when the curtain is pulled back to reveal the chair-like female parts that urinates on the audience... THE CROCODILE-VAGINA!) - It's really everything that Machine Girl could (AND SHOULD) have been - it's clear where Machine Girl just plain ran out of budget (i.e. the poor choreography); it was a big let-down.

I would love to know what you guys think of Terrifying Girls' High School - I had a difficult time getting past the sexploitation (which I REALIZE was part of the crux of the movie, but I had a tough time with it). I should really give that movie a second chance.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!