Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 AM
sCaRyNeSs

The Reaping (2007)

I hate that director, and this movie was also a piece of crap. It had a great idea, but the story was thin and it wasn't executed well enough if you ask me.

1.5/6

Someone got a real scary ghost movie from the 90's and up?

SCREAMING OUT I'M A HORRORFAN 'TILL I DIE BITCHES
Old 01-11-2012, 07:20 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Stephen King's Bag of Bones (2011)

>>: B-

Pierce Brosnan.

Now THAT's what you call a wooden performance.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABjerg View Post

Someone got a real scary ghost movie from the 90's and up?
Ghostwatch (1992)
Old 01-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Ghostwatch (1992)
Oh yes, I agree.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I hate to say I told you so but I told you so. What did you think about the detective character? The position he takes in the end is unbelievable.
LOL - Who the hell are you? I don't think you've even posted about this movie. Ever.

Yeah, the detective character was certainly unbelievable, but I didn't really give it much thought as the movie somehow got worse as it prodded along.

Meh - I was bored and it was free On Demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Bad Boy Bubby 1993 ....on Netflix instant

fucked up movie but I enjoyed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Haha, yeah. Crazy movie but awesome.

A few people have recommended it on this board, but to be honest I haven't watched it because I think that the scenes with the cat would upset me. :o

Tell me true - Do you think I'd actually enjoy it? Or will it just disturb me and make he unhappy?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

A few people have recommended it on this board, but to be honest I haven't watched it because I think that the scenes with the cat would upset me. :o

Tell me true - Do you think I'd actually enjoy it? Or will it just disturb me and make he unhappy?
I think they would disturb you.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:

Well, the cat scenes are definitely rough. But everything I've read about it says that no real harm was done to any cat on screen, and that there was a vet and animal cruelty rep present on set. However, one cat that they got from a shelter ended up having to be euthanized later, back at the shelter, which is, at least at the time, SOP in Australia. So it's really up to you. It's a really fascinating film, and a challenging watch for several reasons.

Last edited by fortunato; 01-11-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Banned

Yea, the cat scenes are disturbing but it really isn't over the top and its important to the plot, IMO.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
LOL - Who the hell are you? I don't think you've even posted about this movie. Ever.

Yeah, the detective character was certainly unbelievable, but I didn't really give it much thought as the movie somehow got worse as it prodded along.

Meh - I was bored and it was free On Demand.
I probably should have put some kind of picture on my review. It's on page 3610 of this thread. I watched it on demand too. It's just another bad free Fear net movie.

Also, I'm new and going to create a new member thread once I figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Psych9.

Just horrible. It's not a horror movie at all. I saw some notable actors and thought I would give it a try. Cary Elwes & Michael Biehn must have been just picking up checks for this one. The twist & ending was unbelievable. Also, if anyone remembers the old board game movie Clue. The actress who played the French maid, at least I thought she was French when I originally watched Clue. She's in Psych9. Sadly, she doesn't look like a French maid anymore. I had to check to make sure it was the same actress. Avoid this movie at all costs.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:03 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I think they would disturb you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Well, the cat scenes are definitely rough. But everything I've read about it says that no real harm was done to any cat on screen, and that there was a vet and animal cruelty rep present on set. However, one cat that they got from a shelter ended up having to be euthanized later, back at the shelter, which is, at least at the time, SOP in Australia. So it's really up to you. It's a really fascinating film, and a challenging watch for several reasons.
Thanks, guys - That what I figured... And I appreciate the insight, J, in terms of how the cats were actually treated. I'm really curious about it just because a lot of people on here think it's a great film (you guys, Ferox, EC, and Roshiq, just to name a few), so I think I need to get over my wimpyness and just watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
Yea, the cat scenes are disturbing but it really isn't over the top and its important to the plot, IMO.
I think you hit the nail on the head - I keep telling myself, "This isn't a cat-torturing movie. Get over it." Now if only I'd listen... ;)

Let Me In (2010)

To be honest, I really loved the original movie (HIGHLY recommended for those of you who haven't seen it yet), so I had avoided the remake purposefully. Based on the positive reviews, however, I knew I had to see it eventually, and so I did last night...

And, honestly, it's a really good movie. Very good. In fact, if it wasn't a remake it might have blown me away just a little... But considering it's nearly a line-by-line remake of the original, I just wonder Why did this need to be made? Not that it was a bad movie... Just completely unnecessary, especially since it followed the original so closely. Damn, are Americans THAT LAZY when it comes to reading subtitles?

I would say that the one clear advantage that this movie had over the original was the portrayal of Owen; I found him significantly more sympathetic while at the same time horrifyingly more creepy. I thought that it was a better casting decision and I both connected with him and feared him at the same time; in Let the Right One In I found the kid who played Oskar to be doughy, durfy, and slightly retarded... Though that could have been the language barrier... I didn't connect with him; I found him weak and pretty lame... But in the remake I definitely connected with Owen.

It was interesting what they did with Abby in the remake; she was definitely more manipulative, though I prefer the subtly to Eli in the original; I thought she was brilliant.

Also, the remake definitely lacked the creepy crawly pedophilic sexual undertones of the original, which, to me, were key to the plot and core of the film and what truly put me at dis-ease. Friggin American pussies.

In short, it's good... Would have been GREAT if it wasn't just an American cookie-cutter remake. Bizarre.

3.5/5.