Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
fuck i cant find any on trademe(nz ebay) and i dont like paying for a new book,how long has he been around ,is he well known?
He has been around since the 80's. In the horror community, especiallly the splatterpunk and bizarro genres, he is very well known. He has a reputation as an author who pushes every envelope and with titles like Santa Steps Out, Santa Claus Conquers the Homophobes, and Baby's First Book of Seriously Fucked-Up Shit I really don't doubt that claim. This will be my first read of his so I can't personally vouch for him though.

Here's a link to a sight for Deadite Press who specializes in splatterpunk: http://deaditepress.com/

It's all retail but I thought you would enjoy the cover art of some of them.

Last edited by Bob Gray; 08-01-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
He has been around since the 80's. In the horror community, especiallly the splatterpunk and bizarro genres, he is very well known. He has a reputation as an author who pushes every envelope and with titles like Santa Steps Out, Santa Claus Conquers the Homophobes, and Baby's First Book of Seriously Fucked-Up Shit I really don't doubt that claim. This will be my first read of his so I can't personally vouch for him though.

Here's a link to a sight for Deadite Press who specializes in splatterpunk: http://deaditepress.com/

It's all retail but I thought you would enjoy the cover art of some of them.
fuckin cool man,awsome art works,and just the titles of the books "genital grinder" thanks.
are all those authors mentioned relitivaly good?....sorry for all the questions

Last edited by wizard of gore; 08-01-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
fuckin cool man,awsome art works,and just the titles of the books "genital grinder" thanks.
are all those authors mentioned relitivaly good?....sorry for all the questions
I know that Brian Keene, Bryan Smith, John Skipp, Ed Lee, Wrath James White, Carlton Mellick III, and J.F. Gonzalez are all really good. Then there is the author David Brockie who is most well known as Oderus Urungus, and is the lead singer of GWAR.

Last edited by Bob Gray; 08-01-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
David Brockie who is most well known as Oderus Urungus, and is the lead singer of GWAR.
wow!!i did not know that..interesting

oh hey did you read the doll who ate his mother?id like to hear your opinion
Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Banned

iv bought a few books lately a few james herberts and john sauls,most importantly i finally got stephen kings IT.
Also so got an interesting book of short storys called "creepy stories"with some old school authors like D.H Lawrence,Arther Machen,Edgar Wallace. E.A Poe,Honore de balzac Washington Irving and some others.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
wow!!i did not know that..interesting

oh hey did you read the doll who ate his mother?id like to hear your opinion
I should finish it up today but so far my assessment is that It's more a crime story than anything else, sort of an odd and eerie "day in the life" of an unsettled and unsettling shadow-crawler of a man. Now, it definitely has a supernatural element to it though and there were parts that were absolutely unsettling and creepy. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
I should finish it up today but so far my assessment is that It's more a crime story than anything else, sort of an odd and eerie "day in the life" of an unsettled and unsettling shadow-crawler of a man. Now, it definitely has a supernatural element to it though and there were parts that were absolutely unsettling and creepy. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars.
crack up,is should finish it up today as well(i just got up)
i dont get how he has got away with it soo far,his names cris,edmund went to school with him,his granny didnt reckonise his voice(he put on a different voice..but she seems really good at sensing every thing else)

edit: what was that about at the very end? id give it 5/10 pretty average.

Last edited by wizard of gore; 08-09-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Banned

Graham Masterton - flesh and blood

Joe Hill - horns
Old 08-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
crack up,is should finish it up today as well(i just got up)
i dont get how he has got away with it soo far,his names cris,edmund went to school with him,his granny didnt reckonise his voice(he put on a different voice..but she seems really good at sensing every thing else)

edit: what was that about at the very end? id give it 5/10 pretty average.
He looked completely different than he did as child and his granny was blind, at least that was the impression that I got.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
He looked completely different than he did as child and his granny was blind, at least that was the impression that I got.
same but didnt convince me,he had been living with his gran all his child hood,dont think it would be soo easy...any way who cares this joe hill books awsome so far