Old 12-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Saint of Killers

I loved this film, Gary Oldman is such a great actor, I liked that it stayed as close the book as possible being a screenplay and all. I agree with the general concensus that Keanu Reeves shouldnt have been cast for this film. I cant get that "excellent" out of my head from Bill & Ted he just doesnt make it for me. Is thier anything that Anthony Hopkins cant do with excellence. He was brilliant in this film. I always saw professor Van Helsing as having an odd sense of humor, Hopkins says the most humorous things in this film in the most serious way. Interview w/a vampire was excellent regardless of the homosexual overtones (fits Tom Cruise though) Brad Pitt I thought was pretty cool as a the vampyre conflicted with what he is and what he needs to do to survive. Dusk til Dawn is like 2 films in my opinion kind of like a combo between Reservoir Dogs and Dracula. Good flick overall, I am not a big fan of Juliet Lewis though she kind of annoys me, (see Cape Fear).

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

I've never been nice my whole life....but, I'll do my best to be sweet.

I keep my standards low, so I'm never disappointed.

The next words out of your mouth better be some Mark Twain shit, cos' I am going to be chiseling it on your tombstone.

Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead.

Forgive your enemies......after they are slain.

The God I believe in aint short of cash mister.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:57 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Creeper, I agree. Juliet Lewis is the worst actress working today who somehow gets the BEST roles. I hate her.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:58 AM
warprophet

slater is cool, specialy in broken arrow and so is zorro.
but im nto a big fan of...what are theyr names? the mission impossible guy and that other guy... you know what i mean...
if i could have it my way the vampires would be more like in the real vampire myth books, alot more powerfull, a little bigger in numbers and they would have theyr own society and rules and such... bu interview with a vampire works well. great story, great acting great direction... bah!
Old 12-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by moonsorrow
slater is cool, specialy in broken arrow and so is zorro.
but im nto a big fan of...what are theyr names? the mission impossible guy and that other guy... you know what i mean...
if i could have it my way the vampires would be more like in the real vampire myth books, alot more powerfull, a little bigger in numbers and they would have theyr own society and rules and such... bu interview with a vampire works well. great story, great acting great direction... bah!
Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are the actors Moon. I'll agree that the direction and acting is great, but melodrama just isn't my thing. I really dislike the "tortured soul" quality. What exactly is wrong with living forever?

Interview is a great film though, from my babblings you would think I don't like it. It's just not my favorite vamp movie. It blew Queen of the Damned away though.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Saint of Killers

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Are you kidding me Moon? At one point Louie and Armand almost make out!!! And if Armand isn't the gayest name I've ever heard, I don't know what is. They're just too damn effeminate for my liking. And they're whiny.

p.s. I actually like the actors in the movie.:) Huge Slater fan here.
I think the idea was that after you have lived for a few hundred years that you get tired of the same old thing, being with women. Guess it was time to try something different, I also noticed a lack of female vampyre in the movie. What was a guy supposed to do? Didnt it seem that LeStat and Louie were like the gay male couple trying to raise their straight daughter? Still think it was a good film though, although I agree that the Armand is one of the gayest names I have ever heard. Sounds like Queer eye for the straight guy.

The next words out of your mouth better be some Mark Twain shit, cos' I am going to be chiseling it on your tombstone.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:06 AM
Saint of Killers

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are the actors Moon. I'll agree that the direction and acting is great, but melodrama just isn't my thing. I really dislike the "tortured soul" quality. What exactly is wrong with living forever?

Interview is a great film though, from my babblings you would think I don't like it. It's just not my favorite vamp movie. It blew Queen of the Damned away though.
Living Forever? Try it sometime. I imagine it may get pretty lonely. Didnt you ever see Highlander? Watching the ones you love get old and decay while you stay the same. I think that would suck. Course you could make new friends. LOL

Old 12-28-2003, 11:09 AM
warprophet

would you honestley like to live forever? think about it, you stay young, you watch your friends grow old and die, you live to see this all to fucked up world i personaly can hardley wait to leave.
people killing people each and every day. no matter how much i hate the sun dont you think it would suck being caged in darkness for the rest of your life?
never seing a sunrise or sunset?

"belive me, im fighting to win the right to die, the right to never be killed again..."
Old 12-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Cryptkeeper

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Heard all that before. You guys aren't convincing me.

Lonely....pass the bite.

Miss the sun...go to the movies (Louie did).

If immortality is such a curse, I say curse me. Just imagine the shit you could get done.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:17 AM
warprophet

boo on you, im tierd as hell im taking a nap, bye bye
Old 12-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by moonsorrow
boo on you, im tierd as hell im taking a nap, bye bye
Moon, we spend about 8 hours/day, 56 hours/week, 224 hours/month and 2,688 hours/year sleeping. Think about how much of your life is wasted on sleep. If you were immortal, it wouldn't matter.:D