Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Evil Dead

Snake Plissken Returns?

This is more then likely bullshit, but I kind of hope it's true:

From Bloody-Disgusting:

"A major meeting was held at Paramount last week with both John Carpenter and Kurt Russell in attendance. The topic -- preparing for a third entry in the Snake Plissken chronicles entitled Escape From Earth.

Apparently, Carpenter completed a script for the project eight years ago but the studio has now taken an interest in it after Russell demanded doing it before signing on with the studio for a three picture deal.

Although the screenplay is being kept under tight wraps, I'm told (by another anonymous) who was lucky enough to take a peek at the first thirteen pages that the script takes off immediately where the previous left off and features our planet en-route to Armageddon.

It looks as though Carpenter will push-off the production of Psychopath with Titan Productions and collaborator Todd Farmer in order to ready this entry for a 2008 release.In the first film, which takes place in 1998, the US President crashes into Manhattan, which is now a giant max. security prison, a convicted bank robber is sent in for a rescue.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Banned

kurt russell is still an amazing actor ..

but he's going to look weird in long hair at his age ..
Old 08-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Evil Dead

His name made an appearance in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty...:D
Old 08-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
Another Escape...movie. Could be cool, but Kurt Russell is getting up there in age. Still a good actor, but as action hero Snake...55 yrs old may be pushing it...
But without Russell as Snake, I don't think it would be as good. Such a dilemma...
i demand and expect quality.
right now, once and for all.
quality time.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:18 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by azathoth777

But without Russell as Snake, I don't think it would be as good. Such a dilemma...
Too old or not, if Kurt Russell isnt in it, it shouldnt be made. End of story.

Besides, Stallone, Willis and Ford are all reprising their classic action heroes, why not Russell? He's a better actor than all of 'em (except maybe Harrison Ford).
Old 08-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return

Besides, Stallone, Willis and Ford are all reprising their classic action heroes, why not Russell? He's a better actor than all of 'em (except maybe Harrison Ford).
Didn't your mother ever teach you that you don't need to do something just because everyone else is?
I agree he's a better actor(Ford tied), and anyone else as Snake would not be right. I just question how well and realistic(as these things get, that is) the action will be. Somethings are better only done when you're younger.
quality time.

Last edited by azathoth777; 08-06-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Banned

I think Kurt could pull it off......but its gotta be soon.......like tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:07 PM

..didnt that second movie suck..?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by slasherman
..didnt that second movie suck..?

I didn't think it sucked , it was more of a dissappointment. After waiting 15 years for a sequel all we got was a warmed over remake of the original, still it was cool to see "Snake" in action again and I think Russell can still play it well ,if they do make the third one.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by phantomstranger
I didn't think it sucked , it was more of a dissappointment. After waiting 15 years for a sequel all we got was a warmed over remake of the original, still it was cool to see "Snake" in action again and I think Russell can still play it well ,if they do make the third one.
The second was disappointing. If they do make this third, lets hope this isn't worse then two.
quality time.