Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Living Dead

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, North America, Gaia (Planet Earth), Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse
Send a message via MSN to mlauzon
Question Writing A Script...?

I have an idea for a horror movie, the problem is it's a sequel and the franchise is now a StV (Straight-to-Video) operation. Where can I find information on writing a script treatment and/or script specifically for horror movies. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:48 AM
Banned

What company made the franchise ? Start there. Go to their website and contact the people involved about making the next film. Can't hurt.
CK
Old 10-22-2004, 06:51 AM
Living Dead

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, North America, Gaia (Planet Earth), Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse
Quote:
Originally posted by N0Hypocrites
What company made the franchise ? Start there. Go to their website and contact the people involved about making the next film. Can't hurt.
CK

There was not just one company, but a few...but the main part of my question was not answered; I was asking where to find information on writing a script or screenplay.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:19 AM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
my suggestion is to go to your nearest bookretailer (B&N, Borders, etc) go to the Film/Television section and see if they have the following book:

The Screenwriter's Bible...

this is the book I used in my screenwriting class and it is very informative, with info including: developing characters, plot devices, how to deal with writer's block, and doing re-writes.

I think it's around $30
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by HappyCamper
my suggestion is to go to your nearest bookretailer (B&N, Borders, etc) go to the Film/Television section and see if they have the following book:

The Screenwriter's Bible...

this is the book I used in my screenwriting class and it is very informative, with info including: developing characters, plot devices, how to deal with writer's block, and doing re-writes.

I think it's around $30

Is this it?:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/item.a...n=books&zxac=1
Old 10-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Banned

My bad. I use Sophocles myself when writing screenplays. Give it a try. If you like it, PM me and I'll e-mail you the crack for it to unlock it's full functions.
CK
Old 10-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by N0Hypocrites
My bad. I use Sophocles myself when writing screenplays. Give it a try. If you like it, PM me and I'll e-mail you the crack for it to unlock it's full functions.
CK

My preference for the script writing software is Final Draft, but I've only used the demo of it and I like it...but because it's a demo I cannot use all the cool features.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:04 PM
zipperface

yeah that's the book! get it! I have Final Draft 6, if I had a cd burner i'd burn a copy of it for you.
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 10-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by HappyCamper
yeah that's the book! get it! I have Final Draft 6, if I had a cd burner i'd burn a copy of it for you.
I will get that book for sure when I have the money for it, until then I need to find a detailed online script writing tutorial in the vein of that book!

I want to get my hands on the new FD7, even if I have to resort to other means of procurement; as the new features in FD7 just blow me away.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:19 PM
zipperface

this isn't a tutorial, but it has lots of scripts. Reading lots and lots of scripts will help you see how they are written.

script-o-rama