Old 10-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (1972)

Now this is a seriously effed-up indie horror flick. I'm sure a lot of people here have seen it? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?
Old 10-11-2004, 03:43 AM
Banned

Never heared of it....

But the name rules!
Old 10-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

old school zombie film.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I like this movie. Isn't this movie also titled "The Night Evelyn came out of Her Grave"? I think those may be separate. But regardless, CSPWDT is fun.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Evil Dead

It's a decent movie for what it is I guess. I've seen worse.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Backyard Waterfall

A still...

Here's an image from one of the various websites on this movie:

Rated PG!
Old 11-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Banned

its another one i have on laser ... the really funny thing is - is that they included a paper in the laser thats a kind of disclaimer so that you dont sue them if the movie messes you up or something like that ! :)
Old 11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Aha!

Another Laser maniac! I have that on laserdisc too. In fact, there is a funny, and rather pathetic story that goes with that disc...

Well, when the disc was first announced (1998? I think), a lot of people in Los Angeles put in advance orders on it, because the announcement said that each disc came with an original copy of the movie's pressbook. Original, meaning, not a reprint. (Everyone assumed that a box of these had turned up in someone's attic.) And furthermore, the first 500 discs ordered would have their pressbooks autographed by Clark and Ormsby.

Now, 500 is not a lot of discs. Everyone wants to be in that first 500, right? The fans out here were going crazy, because they had some technical problem and the disc's release was months late. Laserdisc stores who had placed the advance orders for all us poor schmucks were getting phone calls every day. "Is it in yet? Where's the disc?? We want the disc!!" So everyone who had plunked down a down-payment was just frothing at the mouth waiting for the damn thing. It just goes to show how obsessed the hardcore fans of this film really really are.

When the shipments of discs finally arrive MONTHS later, it turns out that the pressbook is actually a reprint, but nobody cares because they've been waiting for months for the thing.

In the end it was worth waiting for, because the image quality is better (less compressed) than what they eventually released on DVD. But now there's talk of a NEW transfer of the film, from a different print, coming from some British company. I am very interested in seeing this!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Evil Dead

the dead hate the living

I like filmaker2!!! this guy is good! i don't usually think many people on here are cool because for the most part they're rude or stupid or know nothing of horror, but this guy know his shit and he's nice. I want to get in with your studio or whatnot!!!

i've seen children shouldn't play with dead things and ahhhh... well, i like tombs of the blind dead 2 better. have you guys seen the dead hate the living? it's a good movie to say: wow how many times have we wanted to make our zombie movie and haven't? and i could do better than this crap! look for prop re-use and bad makeup! oh yeah i like the dead hate the living more than children shouldn't play with dead things!!!!

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 11-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Banned

Filmmaker ... that is funny !
Who would have thought there was 500 fans ? :)

I forgot that was Bob Clark !!

Most people wouldnt know but he did Porkys, Black Christmas, and A Christmas Story.

Bob has a Canadian connection .. Black Christmas was filmed here as was part of Porky's ...
I thought Children ...etc was filmed in Canada as well .. or on one of the 1000 islands on St. Laurence river ... not sure though ..

I am indeed a laserdisc junkie ... have a decent collection .. about 1300 of them. (my favorite is the Phantasm boxset signed by the director and scrim ..
Also the Hellraiser boxset with the signed barker script ...

Thats the coolest thing about lasers .. the dont do fun stuff like that with DVD ..