Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
You'll love it, I am sure. The SOTL inspiration is very evident.

I follow the 5-star system:

* * * * * = Excellent
* * * * = Very Good
* * * = Good
* * =Average
* = Poor
One of my favorites...and thanks for the clarification.

------------

Tonight I watched Wolf Creek (2005) in preparation for watching the sequel. It's the first time I'd seen it since it first came out, when I saw it in the theater. I'll admit, it was more shocking the first time, but still gritty and suspenseful on second viewing. Mick Taylor is a memorable bad guy, and adds some black humor to the mix. A good watch and solid entry in the redneck subgenre. 7/10.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:59 AM
Evil Dead

THE RAVEN (2012). John Cusack plays Edgar Allan Poe in his final days helping a Baltimore detective solve brutal killings based on Poe's stories. Good attention to detail, but we felt it had a FROM HELL (2001) and SE7EN (1995) vibe to it. ***
Ever since reading "The Tell-Tale Heart" and "The Cask of Amontillado" in Junior High, have loved Poe and find him so tragic. Tried a few times to visit his grave when I lived in Maryland, but panhandlers/deadbeats ruined my quiet experience. "The Poe House" is in an area of the city where you would not dare park your car. Richmond VA has its own "Poe House" that is very good with many exhibits/artifacts and well worth a road trip.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:52 AM
For Vendetta

Decent effort for a found-footage film. Some parts overzealous, some wonderful. One particular stand-out sequence involves a POV shot through darkness, of an encounter with a S.W.A.T. team, done really well.

Leaves you with plenty of questions but then these films try to entertain without taxing the brains much. Recommended if you love these kind of films.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:35 AM
For Vendetta

Chrono's gonna love this one. Pretty pacy and entertaining comedy. Worth a watch and a hearty laugh.

Yes Angra, it's a chick movie.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Evil Dead

3.5/10
Old 07-02-2014, 11:53 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE RAVEN (2012). John Cusack plays Edgar Allan Poe in his final days helping a Baltimore detective solve brutal killings based on Poe's stories. Good attention to detail, but we felt it had a FROM HELL (2001) and SE7EN (1995) vibe to it. ***
Ever since reading "The Tell-Tale Heart" and "The Cask of Amontillado" in Junior High, have loved Poe and find him so tragic. Tried a few times to visit his grave when I lived in Maryland, but panhandlers/deadbeats ruined my quiet experience. "The Poe House" is in an area of the city where you would not dare park your car. Richmond VA has its own "Poe House" that is very good with many exhibits/artifacts and well worth a road trip.
Have it my net queue. Love the premise. Good to hear it's worth viewing (your 3 stars).

Cusack tends to do these films well. He's quietly created a horror-thriller niche for himself, to go along with his artsy-comedy-romance roles.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Evil Dead

6/10
Old 07-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Evil Dead

3/10 , low budget horror anthology & you could tell
Old 07-03-2014, 08:53 AM
For Vendetta

A good, tense low-brow indie effort ruined by an eye-roller of an ending. They should have just gone with the home invasion/haunted angle instead.

BTW, Elizabeth Olsen has nice boobs. You can't help but stare at them for the most part of the film.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

BTW, Elizabeth Olsen has nice boobs. You can't help but stare at them for the most part of the film.

Have you seen her in Oldboy remake?

Tags
movie